Rumor: The Future Of GH

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I don't care if AMC fans are upset. This is GENERAL HOSPITAL. The only fans that have a right to be upset are GENERAL HOSPITAL fans. I don't want David on GH. I want Duke or Robert. Those are GH characters with ties to Anna. That makes the most sense.

• Members

I really don't see the big fuss if GH gets canceled. They are not getting another HW or EP so this is it. If the show's fans don't like it then it should be canceled, because at this point there is no hope for change. ABC has threw in the towel and will cancel as soon as they can.

I was excited about the crossover as an OLTL fan, but after seeing how it has gone down it shouldn't have happened. Starr sucks. John sucks. Blair was barely there. Tea is annoying and Todd/Carly is the only thing I have enjoyed from it. I think GH should be canceled, it will only get worse.

• Members

I agree, I loved OLTL's ending better, I know most OLTL seem satisfied with their end, AMC fans overall are mostly pissed at what we got for the finale, even 99% of AMC actors hated the AMC finale

what GH characters are or have been destroyed? :rolleyes: Jason is actually being written IN CHARACTER something Guza never did. Johnny well he's basically irrelevant anyways

I love the OLTL'ers on GH overall(will even tolerate Tea) cause I think the show has gotten better and I think these characters add something

• Members

I thought the final OLtl episode was awful but I realize it was meant to be a cliffhanger. The day before the final day was nice.

AMC was better it's final few months. Why? I think Broderick did a great job restoring some semblance of AMC to AMC. Frankly I don't get how one gunshot destroyed it's ending. They gave closure to practical every character on the show and had those lovely family centric episodes at the end honoring what it was that made AMC special. Adam and Brooke returned, Even as awful as people thought it was for JR, i thought his ending made sense in the context of the story and he even had those lovely scenes with Babe andstood scenes with Dixie and his son at the end. Stuart and Marian and Scott got their little family reunion as part of it and Joe, Ruth, Jamie, Tad were all together. Opal even got a happily ever after although I think Carol Burnett was kind of wasted. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference.

• Members

Even outside of the cliffhanger I didn't think it was what it should have been. Many of the emotions just seemed canned and half thought out, and too little, way too late (like Jessica being a real Buchanan after she and Clint had both become monsters). There was never any need for Destiny to be pregnant. The ending for Cole was ludicrous - hey, he's on the run, but he'll be with Starr in plain sight. The stuff with John and Natalie was so lackluster and dumped weeks before the finale. Too much time on Ford's death and one final "Hey, Ford really was a wonderful man."

The sense of heart, family, and community was long gone and no one ever cared about bringing it back.

All I can say I liked was Brody's return, some of the Heaven episode, and Viki's speech about soaps.

• Members

ICAM if I tried! Of course I can't be objective where Cartooni are concerned, but the finale lacked heart and soul. Destiny finally got a front seat in her own pregnancy story which was not necessary because Matthew survived. Bo didn't need Destiny's child. Ford? #&%$#-#(($_@$#%...is all I'll say on that.

Why did Jessica need to be blood related? Jolie? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ANDREA

• Members

I think AMC's finale may go down in history as one of the worst soap finales ever. I understand that some of that wasn't the show's fault, but there were plenty of ways to give the show a respectable ending while enticing viewers to tune into the Prospect Park version.

OLTL's finale was much more satisfying in my opinion. We weren't bombarded by returning characters and we got to see the important things that we needed to see reach a conclusion. Even with the cliffhangers, there was a sense of closure that was absent from AMC's ending. It reminded me of Edge of Night's finale, which I consider the best soap finale of all time, even though we weren't going to see it, life was going to continue on for these characters.

• Members

Indeed. My point was the OLTL fans haven't really moved on because they've been jerked around by one promise after another by people who said the show was moving to PP, the show might come back if GH's ratings are good, more OLTL characters are coming to GH, etc... They've never had a chance to bury the body because it was hacked into a million pieces, left in the woods and picked over by buzzards.

I'll be interested to see what scheme someone concocts to string them along after GH is canceled or maybe they'll finally be allowed to mourn.

• Members

Because unlike Ron and Frank, somebody at AMC had enough sense not to believe Prospect Park's pretty lies. They did their best to wrap up the show while keeping one door open. Also, I can't be the only one who remembers all the epic whining and bitching by OLTL fans complaining "Why is AMC getting all the returns?!"

I hated the Project Odious Orpheus storyline but I accept that it was an attempt to fix what many (not me) felt were the mistakes of the past. It was an attempt to give a happy ending to the fans in a very compressed amount of time. And even if the magical online version had happened, bringing characters back presented more story options, not fewer.

• Members

Other than one or two nice moments (like Matthew not being dead, and, for people who liked her, Jessica being a Buchanan), I'm not sure what we got that we needed to see. John had already lost interest in Natalie in the last weeks of the show, so there was no happy ending. Cole's ending was ludicrous. Viki was stuck with a monster. The Todd/Victor story was unresolved. Tina and Cord had just vanished without explanation. There was a lot of time spent on Rex and Gigi just for bad filler, and then they were rushed out in the last episodes.

AMC did try to correct some of their biggest mistakes - not always successfully, but they did try, while having a feeling of community, friendship, and warmth. Not stale camp.

• Members

I frankly don't see the issue with AMCs returns like at all. Zach frankly was never dead as they never found a body. Stuarts return fixed something the show never should have done and Dixie, well yeah but she was a beloved character.I think the Orpheus story was nonsense and could have done without Zach but I was forever happy about Stuart. As for the returns, most of the folks who came back or made cameos did it for practically no money as a favor to Agnes Nixon. Are OLTL fans jealous because AMC had more noteworthy returns and cameos? I never got that.

Archived