Rumor: The Future Of GH

• Members

You know what's odd is how the AMC fans seemed to have moved on. Or maybe it's just a perception because the show never in recent years got the amount of online praising and pimping the wonder twins did at OLTL and really wasn't any worse, in fact I give AMC a huge thumbs up over OLTL for it's last 6 months barring Project Orpheus.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there are a number of reasons for that. One, part of that is leftover from the whole Prospect Park debacle. The OLTL actors jumped on board with that and started pimping it from go. Most of the AMC actors were more cautious and consequently saved themselves and/or their fans a lot of heartache. That leads to point #2: AMC had a better finale. It was more complete and didn't have as many cliffhangers. Then there's point #3: the Wonder Twins have continued to jerk the OLTLers around by using GH as a zombie version of their show. The OLTL fans just haven't been given the chance to let go.

Bottom line: the OLTL fans have been jerked around a LOT more than the AMC fans. Unfortunately, they seem to enjoy it so the soap press, like SID, is going to keep doing it.

• Members

OLTL had one cliffhanger that Vic Jr was alive. AMC ended on JR shooting someone. That finale was worse & especially since it didnt continue online un satisfying. Probably the worst ending to a daytime drama ever next to Capitol & Generations

• Members

I for one, realize GH is on borrowed time but I for one dont see ABC just giving the 2pm slot to GMA & Canning GH without seeing out GMA's summer run goes. Thats why Ive said if successful, GH could be gone by January 2013 at the earliest

Archived