Rumor: The Future Of GH

• Members

Affiliates dont decide that. If they did they wouldnt have aired the chew and the revolution. If GMA doers well waiting til January wouldnt be that big of a wait. Wendy Williams had a try out then waited a season to return. If GMA does well, GH will be off by early January 2013

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Except the original article posted in this thread illuded to ABC giving the affiliates an option. It's the exact situation that happened with SB on NBC.

As for affiliates stations not having input that's not really accurate. They were the ones that were primarily responsible for Lenos cancellation at 10:00 on NBC. And none of the shows since airing at 10:00pm on NBC have performed any better since.

• Members

I agree, thats exactly what could be happening.

Another option is the secret cancelation......

Thats what happened with SUBE, NBC privately told the affiliates SUBE would be canceled in Dec 1999

so when the new tv season began in Sept 99 many affiliates dropped it or aired it at 3am since they knew NBC

was dropping it, NBC waited until Oct to announce its cancelation. They told the affiliates this when they had

their spring meeting, BEFORE Passions premiered, so as an insurance policy in case PSSNS was a huge ratings

disaster they waited off on an official decision, although the plan all along was to drop SUBE in Dec, could

be the same deal here, ABC tells the affiliates they are planning on GMA-PM and if its a success its staying at

2pm and they can find another slot for GH when they keep it on for a few more months to end things much like

SUBE.

• Members

I don't believe Anne Sweeney cares that much other than wanting the network to perform better financially. I'm not sure why anyone believes ABC wants soaps saved. Heck there are rumors that Y&R is having financial problems and Days has for years. Valentini was hired likely because he ran OLTL under budget and might be trying to get the show to perform better to attract a buyer who knows. But as we saw no one wanted the fantastically performing OLTL other than a shady company with no expertise producing daily serial dramas, could not raise the funding needed, and believed the soaps cost no more than judge Judy to produce.

• Members

The person from SID that tweets for the magazine works there and has for years. I can understand why they don't want people to watch GAA as if that works they and others at their magazine are out of work or the magazine goes bye bye.

Archived