GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This kinda bugs me as well. The clip they keep showing (aww RC and his love of reusing the same flashback every episode) pretty much shows something I don't think Maxxie could have even seen or noticed--doesn't she disconnect it as she's walking away--it's not from her view point.

• Members

Wow this Ethan story is a mess. I take it it's his exit? I have hardly been an even somewhat steady viewer for years, but it all makes zero sense. Luke was so worried about Ethan going after Helena, but as was pointed out, he doesn't seem to think it likely that Ethan is using this exit to do that? I know luke is a [!@#$%^&*] father but really, to save his friend (couldn't they maybe watch Robert for a week or two and see if his grief diminishes), he's sending Ethan on some "adventure" which seems to basically be "Go somewhere as far away on the planet from where Robert might ever be and just continue to wander around and hope you never see him--WHAT AN ADVENTURE"? WTF.

• Members

They'll prob just call OLTL's McBain oas they tended to anyway...

The Emma stuff is kinda infuriating. They hjave a brief scene with her and Robert, imply that he really does care about her--he doesn't even (from what I remember) mention or think about her when he's trying to jump off that bridge, then he says bye off screen? Are her and Patrick still hiding out in the bedroom? (Actually I guess the past 10 episodes or something have only been 18 hours or so it seems, in "real" time, but still)

• Members

I guess I'm easy to please (and GW still couldn't do it). I liked Ethan's exit, he had to go somehow and this worked well enough for me. If Ethan really does go after Helena, than Robert really will get a chance to save him.

I also don't mind that Robert is leaving before the funeral. People shouldn't be forced to deal with their grief with some public ceremony, if it's only going to cause them more trauma. Some people have a need to avoid their grief. I think Robert is just latching on to this whole Ethan thing to give him something to live for and to think about other than his daughter being dead. I bet deep down he knows Luke is lying to him. Mac is avoiding by working and trying to get justice for Hope, but Mac was never one to cut and run like Robert.

I do wish we could have seen Robert say goodbye to Emma.

What I didn't like was Blair and Todd fighting in the middle of GH about their past, while Hope is dead. Really? None of that nonsense would have been on Blair's mind. I know it was for exposition purposes, but it didn't work for me. I did think KDP did well with her breakdown though.

Overall, I'm a much happier view right now than I was a month ago.

• Members

I agree, and I don't think Robert is the funeral type anyway. And yes, that exposition for Todd nad Blair was hopelessly clunky. I guess they want to rush ahead with this story but maybe it could have been improved if it came out over a few episodes, but I take it they want to make the OLTL fans tuning in instantly comfortable.

Archived