GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who? LOL. That was such a non-character. I dont even remember the fuenral or how he died for that matter. I think his biggest stamp on GH was being the first in a string of guys Maxie hooked up with that were killed off.

• Members

It was just a nice funeral with taps playing and Lucky struggling to stand and salute him. The fact he was a non-character doesn't really diminish that it was well done I think.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H9BHkQwEaXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can't go wrong with bagpipes playing Amazing Grace

• Members

It actually didn't bother me today, although I did love his gray hair a few years back. But then, I admit to having a hopeless crush on TR. Yes, I know he old he is compared to me. No, I don't care laugh.png .

As for today:

Robert. Dude, you just lost your daughter! Be with Anna and Mac and Patrick and Emma for God's sake! I refuse to believe he won't be there until I see it with my own eyes. I'm really hoping he changes his mind and comes back home soon.

I LOVED Anna trying to stop him from leaving, though. Granted, I love her period, but it was still great to see her try to get it in his head that he has his daughter's funeral to attend.

She should have mentioned Emma, though.

The "When is Anna going to break down in tears" Countdown has been going on for awhile now, but when she hugged the koala bear at the end, I thought that it might be coming soon. If nothing else, I want Emma to go to her tomorrow and give her Grandma Anna a big hug. I don't ask for much.

All I could think when I saw Todd & Carly in scrubs today was how I would enjoy Todd seeing his Princess Shorty more than Carly seeing Jasus Morgan Christ.

The Todd & Carly thing was somewhat intriguing today, but I would NEVER want them to be together romantically. Just...no.

So we now know where Jack & Sam are: staying with Tomas. Well...at least we know where they are now. (Code for "I'm not going to go on a OLTL tangent now.")

The Blair & Starr scenes had me teary-eyed at the end. I love them more than ever. wub.png

I'm a sucker for good female friendships, even among some characters I don't know and/or aren't crazy about, and Lulu/Maxie fit the bill here.

I still like JL's Maxie and buy her grief completely. She and Mac hugging at the end sad.png .

Yep, RC's flashback instant replay is alive and well. laugh.png

We need more Robin flashbacks, damn it! mad.gif

Overall, today, I was of two minds: the OLTL fan in me loved the Manning stuff, specifically the Blair/Starr scenes mentioned above. The viewer aware of GH history hopes the goodbye to Robin gets better. A lot better.

I'm not giving up on FV/RC yet, or writing them off as no better than JFP/Guza/Wolf. They go back and forth all the time between good and bad material. Ron is the devil I know, so I'll wait things out for now.

Glutton for Punishmentville. Population: One.

And now, primary GHers, I give you free license to take my Miss Llanview beauty paegant sash and strangle me with it wink.png . As always, I come in peace smile.png.

ETA: I'm still not sure why Hope's hair went from blonde to brunette. wacko.png

• Members

She wasnt mentioned today, but I think its more reasonable that they are staying with Tea and Tomas is helping her out. I didnt think there'd be much question in that as she is the closest family they have in town. I cant see them having been left with Viki, Jessica or Natalie, all of whom seemed to be non-factors in their lives. Jack especailly got closer to Tea and Dani in the end, so I definetly see him preferring to be with them

• Members

Yeah, Blair had a one-way phone call with Tomas today and said that he was taking care of the kids. What Cheap said about Tea could be true too, though, although since she's further along with her pregnancy (she got pregnant in August, so she should be around 7 months along now), I could actually see Tomas taking care of them by himself (and perhaps getting more assistance from Viki right now).

• Members

All I can say is that my history with GH is much longer than my history with OLTL. Still, over the last two years OLTL was the soap on my DVR that I wanted to watch first most days. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but I never felt the core was lost. With GH it was and getting it back will be a long slog.

If nothing else, RC has given me hope that I'll at least want to watch for the next six months. I guess my expectations are such that it would be pretty hard to disappoint me. I'm not looking for things to be great again. I'm looking for the show to be watchable for me and so far, it is.

If not for the terrible exposition dialogue, I'd say KDP made one hell of an entrance into Port Charles. I want her to stay, but I imagine the budget is a bitch right now. The opening proves that if nothing else.

• Members

Aside from Viki I don't know if OLTL had a core. I think it was a sense of community but that was taken away, by Frons or ABC, in the great white purge of early 2010. Beyond that the core ended up being rapists and the women who love them.

• Members

Part of me actually wonders if Todd/Blair finding out that Victor is alive is what causes them to leave PC and head back to Llanview. Something where Starr is out of the hospital but decides to stay in town while T&B return to deal with the Victor situation.

Just a guess, though.

Archived