GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Robin's death and the fall out from it has been a flop so far other than Patrick's reaction. Anna has to keep it together for everyone else so we've gotten nothing really moving from her. I don't know what the hell kind of mess they're trying to do with Robert but its sh!t(and who does TR think he's foolin with that Just For Men slapped on his big ass head?). Mac and Emma are non starters, Elizabeth is already circling Patrick as her next victim, Sonny and Carly spent five minutes caring. Jason's in a coma, and its hard to feel for Maxie with this stranger ho playing her. I feel more affected by Cole and Hope's deaths and those two weren't even on the show more than a day before getting whacked.

fauxFake Coward didn't bother me today with the Australian guy, she didn't seem to be trying so hard or doing that annoying thing where she tries to talk while gritting her teeth. It really annoys me though that Cartini(ew) aren't here for five minutes and already doing a "fun" story about D.I.D!rolleyes.gif

LOVED Carly & Todd, RH and LW have fun chemistry and I can't wait to see more. And Carly vs Epiphany had me dying! Both LW and SE looked like they were about to bust out laughing at any moment.laugh.png

Kassie DePaiva is on fire right now, I hope we get to see her mingle around the canvas a little bit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched last weeks episodes and I just feel like none of the characters really make any sense, so it's hard to really invest in drama. Outside of the novelty of all the returns (Anna, Holly, Tristan, Luke, etc.) I don't really feel there is much to be excited about. Yeah it's definitely nice to see these people again and the more characters the better on the Carson show featuring Jason and his chick of the week. But still it all seems quite hollow. The whole Holly vs. Helena deal was ridiculous. The only thing interesting on this show has been Robin's death and that's solely because of the performances being given from Jason Thompson. The scenes he had with Kimberly and later with his daughter were the best things about this storyline. I also enjoyed the little Robert, Anna and Luke action between them when it circulated around Robin's demise. When the vets were utilized properly it was effective but most of the time their appearance just felt kind of haphazard. Robin's death just feels wrong because it feels as if it has had no meaning outside of her family. It's so weird to me how the Hospital just continued on like nothing ever happened after there was an explosion on one of the floors.

• Members

Sorry but I doubt the "fallout" Will be anything of substance. Roberts return was awful and everything else has been weak.

I'm sure thanks to Ron GH will be a campy mess come May sweeps. And not good camp like B&b but just a plain convoluted mess.

• Members

IDK, I keep seeing people say that Anna hasn't reacted enough, but I don't get that. She's cried several times. What do people want? Is she supposed to open a vein? Not every one grieves the same way and Anna has cried several times.

• Members

I'd like scenes from her point of view and which talk more about her life and her pain. She is just there, reacting to other people, wringing her hands. She has, somehow, been written as Viki from OLTL. I mostly feel her presence is meaningless, since Finola isn't bringing the quieter emotion someone like Erika Slezak would have. I think I've felt something in approximately one of her scenes.

• Members

I disagree. I think the scene where she was in the room alone and collapsed against the wall while weeping showed her "quiet emotion". She isn't wailing and gnashing her teeth in front of the whole town, but the audience has seen her in pain and crying. I mean, those in the audience who care to acknowledged what is actually being show.

• Members

I don't see how my saying that I don't think her grieving has been shown enough is not acknowledging what was shown. It's more that we just don't see the story in the same way - no one sees any of this in the same way. I've watched all of her scenes since Robin died. I feel like most of them haven't been about her and those which are just seems to be a void. The only time I felt her grief was when she was watching Robert play with Emma right after he got back. I didn't ask for gnashing her teeth in front of the whole town. There are many other ways to show grief. I mostly would just like to see her written as more than this low-key person who looks sad and talks to a few people.

If one scene out of an entire return is satisfactory to you, then we can agree to disagree.

• Members

My comments were not directed to you personally, although I can see why you would think I meant it that way, since I quoted you. As for agreeing to disagree, I think you and I do that about 95% of the time, but it's never my intent to insult you.

• Members

That's OK. I guess I came into this expecting flat writing, but at times I do see something which changes my mind - for instance, I think they've done a better job with Luke than I've seen in some years. I just haven't gotten anything out of Anna's return, or how her perspective has been handled.

Archived