GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. It's laziness. Carlivati suggested that this is no different from any new character/family coming to General Hospital except that these are established characters some members of the audience knows. However, he fails to understand that if these were, indeed, new characters coming to the General Hospital canvas, the audience would be disgusted at them and their story being on every day for two weeks.

And the whole "Get Used To It" thing? Rot in hell with the flames rimming your anus... Please?

You should reword this to say "If OLTL was so great, then more people would've been watching it." That speaks to the facts rather than the subjectivity of taste. If everybody wanted to see OLTL's Manning family, why weren't they enough to keep them watching on their own show?

• Members

The process goes, in quick form, like this:

Carlivati goes over the story with the breakdown writers. The breakdown writers write Monday's episode in third person narrative form. Carlivati and the network approves and/or changes it, and then Kreizman takes the outline and transposes it into first person dialogue.

So, basically and simply, it goes like this.

Carlivati: Carly's mad at Johnny for looking at her funny.

Outine Writer: Carly tells Johnny she's mad at him for looking at her funny.

Script Writer (Kreizman): Carly says "I'm mad at you." Johnny says "Why?" Carly says "Because you looked at me funny."

• Members

I really need there to be a 3rd season of ILNY on VH1. I yearn for it!

Back to General Life to Live. I was shaking my head in disappointment and boredom for almost the whole week. I did like some moments like Carly vs. Piph and, to my surprise, Carly/Todd.

:wub: Welcome to the club! :wub: Love the Z's!

• Members

I don't think care about the OLTL vs. GH stuff.

Not to nitpick, but I still feel this is a loose interpretation. I don't think it happens quite like that. I am sure the head writer makes some broad statement about what is generally going to happen to the characters and then the breakdown writers are made to fill in the practical gaps for what we concretely see on the show. There were several times during AMC that you could tell characters motivations shifted like the wind even though their actions remained the same and I think that was because there were different breakdown writers handling each character for those 'revelation moments'.

I personally would like to know how much control the Director has and if he can change things around what is written.

• Members

Even though we've had to hear his name more than I'd like, it's been refreshing to actually have a break from Jason and in general Jason/Sam. Burton and Monaco literally have the worst onscreen energy I've ever dealt with.

Archived