GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn FV, that's cold

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/03/shakeup-in-the-music-departmen.html

Executive producer Frank Valentini announced via Twitter that Paul Glass -- who served as the musical director on ONE LIFE TO LIVE from 1999 until the show's finale -- has joined the GH family. A spokesperson for ABC confirms that multiple Emmy winner RC Cates -- pictured above with Steve Burton (Jason) -- is out after more than 20 years as GH's music supervisor. In addition to working on the mothership, Cates helmed the music departments at GENERAL HOSPITAL: NIGHT SHIFT and PORT CHARLES.

• Members

My Todd is ready to rock this [!@#$%^&*] by coming after that cockroach, Sonny. Let the games begin!

wub.png my Todd & his Shorty. Though she annoyed me in the beginning when she was crying over Victor (the same fool that pushed her down the stairs and had her playing second fiddle to Danyella), I'm glad that she snapped out of it and realized that her real father's love for her has always been pure and true.

Thank you, Ron & Frank, for gifting me with a Todd & Shorty reunion, as I've missed them so much. Though I am bummed that Robert/Robin never shared any scenes, I am happy that I get to see another one of soaps' best father/daughter relationships - even if it is just for a day. wub.png

I know that's right.

• Members

I was thinking more along the lines of their soft piano refrain that plays every time something bad happens for a character we are supposed to like for instance:

2:55 is a pretty good score, a bit overused but still quite effective.

There was also a pretty surreal score that GH played around 05-07' that was very cinematic and moving. It was also a twinkly, soft piano sounding score as well but there was more of a push behind it.

• Members

Now for my take on the opening today. It was longer than the past few days and slower. Still short. But, slower photos and the NS theme song.

Which, personally, I like the NS theme. I wouldn't mind if they kept it. But, I want new longer visuals when the permanent opening comes in a few weeks. Maybe something like the FOTH visuals yet on a black background and the NS theme. Wouldn't mind that at all if they cannot use the old music anymore.

• Members

I remember the John Mayer song montage they had last Summer. I think they used "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" That was the last montage I loved.

Remember back in the 90s when they used popular music in most scenes. Not just montages. I watched a clip the other day from 1995 and Mac was talking to Robin while he was bartending at Outback and they were playing "The Boys Of Summer" by Don Henley. I was like "whoa!"

Archived