GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Q dynamic was pretty awesome when I watched in high school. Tracy wasn't around but they referenced her from time to time as any family would, and always in a funny way that the fans could appreciate. Like Lila, Edward, Alan and Monica cracking up when Lois told them "Eddie Maine" said his mom was at Woodstock. Losing Alan and A.J. were definitely bad blows, but in an odd way, it's like real life. I can look back and think about how things were when loved ones were still here and how things will never be the same without them. It's just tough when you know you're not looking at real life but the not so wise decisions of a producing/writing regime.

• Members

The demise of the Quartermaine and Spencer families are both true to life, but in the most depressing of ways, and the antithesis of what soaps should be, IMO. I just can't watch the Quartermaine mansion. Guza loved burning down homes but the mansion is the one I wanted to see the last of.

• Members

God, I hated that and hated them. The contempt they showed for the Qs was a real turnoff. Nobody asked Ned to be a gate keeper, and the Qs managed just fine all those years when not only did they not have a gatekeeper, they didn't even have a gate. Ned was good when portrayed by Kurt McKinney and he was a real Quartermaine. Then I guess it was Riche and Labine who began this horrible new direction where everyone saw them as comically contemptible. Ned and his obnoxious lectures led to Lois. She would always be portrayed as the sane down to earth one who judged the Qs and found them lacking, and Ned would agree completely. Everyone would love Lila and Edward like they were pets and zoo exhibits. By the time Guza arrived the notion that the Qs were less than everyone else and only to be tolerated was written in stone.

• Members

It wasn't just John Ingle, it was the writing. "Oh Ned, I can't take being around your family". Ned was supposed to tell her to take a [!@#$%^&*] walk with that bullshit. Who the hell is she to judge his entire family? And that's why he was so horrible too. "My family is all so lame, if it wasn't for me they would be broke and unable to tie their shoes". Please, They got through 15 years of story without Ned just fine. And then Alexis and her bullshit. "Hi, I am from a fascinating family steeped in murder, gothic houses, and intrigue. My goal in life is to be as mundane and boring as physically possible. The more mediocre and forgettable I am the more that proves just how above my family I am. My hero in life is Marilyn Munster". I don't know how this character ever garnered a single fan.

Archived