DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Finally! A (relatively) less boring day! I love Stefano & Kate beyond the telling of it. Seeing Marlena call Kate "Katie" makes me wish they had more interaction together. We need to see more of Kate, period. The chemistry between Hall and Joe Mascolo is crazy, too.

Marlena: "And I call it something else altogether."

Stefano: "Well, whatever works for you."

Marlena: "Thank you."

Totally adlibbed. Did anybody see Drake Hogestyn, Lauren Koslow and Peter Reckell crack up?

Ian Buchanan. wub.png I just love this actor. I also amused myself by imagining that this might be what a confrontation between Duke Lavery and Carly Benson would look like.

I cannot believe they have made EJ & Nicole so... predictable. Thankfully, though, not as boring as Sami & Rafe & Carrie & Austin.

I miss Melanie, too.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the show has been a lot better without her lol but i dont mind her like i used to. I think my main frustration is every writers desire to make her a sympathetic heroine over other characters who would better serve in that role. Id rather love to hate Melanie as a bitch than a crying sexpot who cant seem to keep anyone in her life

• Members

I don't really get what they do with Melanie. They rush her into a relationship with Chad with no development (and they have done this several times with her). Her relationship with Dan is a little odd and not worth watching. She also has no real relationships with anyone in her age group - they could have had a rivalry with Abby, but instead Abby needed to be the new Sami and have a rivalry with an unknowing Carrie.

• Members

I totally saw smirks on people's faces (Reckell). These were delicious scenes. It was kind of reminiscent of the old days, displaying all the interesting dynamics between the characters. And yes, Marlena & Kate having a lengthy discussion would be wonderful: diva against diva.

As for Melanie, she needs to join her mother in Venice or wherever she went. Get some Visine for those dry eyes she always seems to display, too.

• Members

These Sami & Will scenes are fun.

The Ian & Madison scenes are stupid. Maybe that'll improve with some back story.

The John/Marlena/Bo/Hope story is better than nothing. The idea of John & Hope turning into Pawn & Gina again? Eh. I liked Princess Gina but not Hope's Gina.

The Will/Sami/Rafe/Carrie/Austin/Abby story has really good potential. Abby & Sami need to keep lying, Rafe & Carrie need to tone down the flirting until the Austin & Sami lies are exposed. Then wait for all hell to break lose. Classic. I love that EJ is such a small part of this drama and it's running on its own fuel.

• Members

I think it would be more interesting if someone in the story would be there to point out how annoying Will is. Between the overdramatic weeping, huffing, puffing, and the rampant self-righteousness, he is a drain. He'd be more bearable if there was some contrast to him or someone to bust his chops. That's what Sonny could have been if he weren't wallpaper.

Archived