DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I watched the preview clip for today's (later today I mean) episode I saw the Hogestyn-Massey thing again. Did they ever work together before DAYS? I never thought Hogestyn was as bad as he was made out to be, so it kind of cracks me up that the next great hope of DAYS uses the exact same tics.

• Members

With all the crying Will does, DAYS should try and line up Visine as a product sponsor of this show. I can see it now, Have red eyes cause of all that crying you're doing cause your moma's a whore or cause you simply can't deal with being gay? Try Visine, may not solve you're life issues, but will clear up those red eyes!

• Members

Will rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif SO OVER HIS ASS. I was DONE when he SHOVED his own Mother. What a disappointment those scenes were, way to much crying & snot coming from Will's end IMO. AS was great.

Sami walking in on Carrie & Rafe kissing - wow she really has had a terrible week! That confrontation next week should be good.

LMAO. That debate was hilarious.

• Members

Will: "Mom, you are a whore.... I hate you and want you to stay out of my life" His reaction to Sami is SOOOOOO OTT. I dont get it as she didnt do anything to him directly so for him to be so vehemently against her just doesnt connect with me

Happy Groundhog's Day Sami!

• Members

I saw some comments saying his tears and her not crying just shows what a bad actress she is in comparison.

I don't think she's a great actress (she has her moments) but I don't agree with the idea that tears mean talent.

It's tough to see a character when I see Will because this seems like such melodrama which has been rushed, and Massey's acting is overdone. If I watched that scene for the first time I wouldn't think, "Wow, Massey is great and Sweeney sucks." I would think this was a parody of soaps. Massey does all the cliches - overwrought line delivery, heavy breathing, weeping. It's a performance, but where is the character?? It did get better as the scenes went along but some of his work was rough as hell.

I wonder if you really need to hate Sami to get into these scenes. I don't have enough history with the show to really hate Sami or think this is about her punishment.

And again the story undercuts Will's meltdown because Rafe has already been away from Sami before he ever knew about her sex with EJ. It's like two different sets of writers do these stories.

• Members

Sami is one of the biggest criers out there. If Ali wanted to have her cry there, she would and could. I think Sami was just truly shocked and taken a back by the stuff Will was saying. I dont think she knew how to react and I thought Ali handled those scenes appropriately. I didnt have an issue with her.

Archived