DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I loved that she lied to Austin. Her going after Austin finally makes her interesting. It's funny that before, Abby and Will were such boring characters, and now they're two of the most interesting characters on the show. Go shady young Hortons! LOL

• Members

Abby and Austin....LOVE this angle. Best thing abou this story. Hold up, who's her uncle? LOL....its hard to keep up with Days family trees

Edited to add: Oh you mean Lucas....lol.This story is so predictable. I knew Abby would lie about having sex with Austin. What I didnt see though is him thinking he did. I thought she was going to do it maliciously after being rejected. I guess its not completely predictable. I think Austin and Abby are the best thing on Days

Signing papers doesnt make a couple divorced. They were never filed and hence on record, their marriage was never resolved. Nicole didnt want to be with EJ when she made that statement and staying married for the sake of the election was a formality. She changed her mind after the Johnny ordeal and took him back as her husband and they've resumed their marriage

• Members

I love that Abby is BONKERS. The show is finally finally operating with several stories in motion now and this Abby stuff is a fun mix to to the quad. There is something fun about all four of them -- Sami/Austin/Carrie/Rafe having a discretion, though I wish this Carrie/Rafe thing wasn't going on during this Sami/EJ thing (it's just too much overload), I'm still having a lot of fun.

I am also enjoying this John/Hope stuff. It makes no sense why they're SO CONCERNED, but it's interesting to watch. The final music cue with all of them in the Pub was great.

• Members

Aren't they just going to say it's all Jack's fault and isn't Jennifer noble for having to put up with her? The characters are so one-note that Abby could go on a killing spree and they'd have the same reaction.

Maybe they should have had Abigail go after Daniel (and he would have gone for it). There's no real story in her going after Austin. Austin/Carrie are already splitting up and Austin has no other ties (Kate probably won't react to it). It just seems like they wanted to knock off an old story whether it meant anything or not.

How many new Samis does the show have now? Will, Abby, and Gabi have all been rewritten to be her.

Yet there are still no young heroines or sympathetic young male characters to be found.

• Members

I dont think so. The show has made it clear that Abby and jennifer also have their issues.

I also dont think who she went after mattered much. daniel and austin and brady and everyone else is rather interchangeable.

And i wouldnt say Will or Gabbi are like Sami. Abby is actively out to ruin lives to get what she wants and is highly delusional in doing it yet very driven and sure it is the right thing.

As for the last part, there are no heroines or sympathetic male or female characters to be found anywhere. all the characters are, as you said. one note and as i said interchangeable. the worst part is the groundwork is there to have a dynamic canves and great stories, but its all falling flat. the show has really stepped it up this past week, sadly its only on a level where it should be at its lowest, not highest.

• Members

RI didnt like how they made Abby so naive and psychotic looking yesterday. I wanted her to be more devious and malicious with what she was doing. She looks so clueless but hopefully that will change. I hope she reaches the point of no return and becomes a villianess. They've had perfect set up for where that would be very believable.

Watching Austin finally at the Dimera mansion the other day, I realized that he and Chad were stepbrothers. I wish they kinda played up that angle and had them interact with Abby in the middle. Id love to see her bitch at Chad and Melanie while Chad notices she seems to have a soft spot for his stepbrother and warn Austin away from her. If they had conflict, it would be interesting to see Kate involved and for her to turn on Abby when she realizes she's the cause for it. Id love to see her stand up to Kate and use her connection to Lucas to warn her to back off and not make trouble for her

Archived