DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jenn is just jealous because she now looks 87 and Abby at 23 looks 17.

Team Abby. She, Melanie and Will should absolutely be living together in maggie's house. They can all have breakfast scenes and it will be another spot for the younger set to hang out and Maggie can be like the Ropers and drop by the check on them and meddle in their buisness, because thats who Maggie is.

• Members

I am starting to shake my head at this show. I want to stay behind Marlene and Darrell because I don't want the haters to drive away another set of writers (and potentially get their crack at actors too), but some of this stuff lately... Jennifer! What the hell was WITH you today?

• Members

LOL. Her reaction was so OTT and out of nowhere. Was she really serious when she said she'd rather see Abby pregnant than become a model? They are doing a real hatchet job on Jenn.

I think that even though Will literally has no reason to be afraid to tell his family/friends, it's still understandable that he's reluctant to tell them. Who wouldn't be? I think he's even more afraid to admit it to himself (just like Sonny was in the beginning like he said). I think when Will finally admits it to everyone & they all (hopefully) understand, he'll have some little moment where he realizes he had nothing to worry about.

• Members

I think Abby looks closer to 27 than 17, but Jennifer just looks awful. It's her hair most of all.

I think I'd be more empathetic with Will if there weren't all the tantrums over Sami - blurring the two stories together hasn't worked for me. That and the whole idea of the happy family Sami's grief sex would destroy has already gone out the window months before the secret has revealed. So the whole thing was pointless, other than making Will the same self-righteous schemer/screamer as his mother.

• Members

I think he thinks they'll be more disappointed in him, not hate. But maybe not. He has really complicated relationships with both of them (especially Sami) and lots of animosity so I'm sorta not surprised that he thinks their reaction will be negative. It will be really interesting to watch their dynamic together when it comes out.

Even though I quite enjoyed Sami & EJ getting it on again, I'm really wishing it hadn't happened at all. Things would've turned out VERY different for Will. Overall I am not a fan of what he's turned into!

• Members

The biggest problem in all this is that in some idea of "history", Will is now as big of a stunted hypocrite as his mother. He will be defined by screeching at Sami, just as Sami was defined by screeching at Marlena for years and years.

• Members

Sami was defined by that for years? When?

Sami was defined by being her own worst enemy, doing whatever it took to get whatever she wanted, being a bad bitch. After that she was defined by being a weepy wannabe heroine ruined by awful writing. Never was she define by screeching at Marlena. Perhapas it was part of her, but it never defined her.

Will... i get. I totally get it. I never went through it personally but ive seen friends of mine and other people go through it, and usually they build this thing up in their head that the reaction will be this awful thing and they believe it and live in fear of it, then when they come out nothing. But will has reason to worry. lets be real here, Lucas is an alkie who is like aching for a reason to reach into the bottle again. He shouldnt be ok with it. he should claim to be but not. And Sami? We all know that this is going to be all about her and what she did wrong. She isnt going to mind that he likes boys, shes going to mind that she was a bad mother and thats why this happened. Id love it if days would actually go there and have people be not ok with it, but they wont. And Rafe should also flip out at will for using his sister and leading her on. Anyways, my point is Will hates that he is gay, not because he likes guys and is gay, but because now he has to listen and deal with his awful, selfish parents. And i dont think his bad attitude is only because hes gay and uneasy about it, its about a lot. the issue the show plays the beats here and there then doesnt, this story is all over the place with little to no real direction and motivation - same issue with every single story on the show.

• Members

That was her role in her first few years in Salem, and a backup until the end of Reilly I. As soon as he came back, he regressed Sami to that level again, for years. Then they made Sami into a heroine, so it stopped, and Marlena left. Now it's back again.

• Members

I was exagerrating but I think it is a default mode. I swear every time I saw her in Reilly II I felt like she was yelling at Marlena or John, at least up to the point where Marlena was gone to Melaswen for years, then I guess Sami was tormenting others. I wasn't really paying attention though.

• Members

This is what we get when a story is being told seemingly with 100% subtlety. I think subtlety is just fine in parts, but personally I don't need to see all of it being played out with subtlety. It would be nice to see some of this story told with more defining context. I still think Will is overly afraid. It also doesn't make sense to me that Will would care about what Sami thinks one way or the other. Isn't he currently obsessed with making her life miserable and driving her nuts? I'd say that him telling her he's gay would screw with her mind even more. As for Lucas? Despite all of his mistakes, his love and support for Will was always noticeable and Will knew that. Not sure why he believes so adamantly that he wouldn't get daddy's love and support now. I could understand if Will was really alone in this and he had no example to show him that everything would be OK, but he does have an example, it's Sonny. They have mutual family and friends and all of them love Sonny. I understand Will's anxiety, but I don't understand the deep fear that he seems to be showing.

• Members

I would think her obsession with Austin, her complicated relationship with Lucas, and ger rivalry with Kate defined the character of Sami much more than screeching at Marlena.... But as you said, you over exaggerated to make one of your points.

• Members

Aside from some back and forth with Kate at times, a lot of that has been downplayed in recent years, especially Austin. The conflict with Marlena came back immediately and is used for current storyline. When Sami isn't being written as heroine, her main trait ends up being the messed up woman who was broken and can never get what she wants - which all started with the John/Marlena affair.

• Members

Yes it's something they fall back on now, but it wasn't her defining characteristic. Hell when John/Marlena left last time, everything was peachy clean. These writers for some reason decided to ignore that much like John being a DiMera...But as Sami said to Marlena in one of their talks her mother wasn't there when she got married or her kid died, so I can kind of understand falling back on that.

Archived