DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She has potential to be such a bitch. I cant wait to see her showdown with Carrie! Id love to see her call out Carrie on her ish and be unapolagetic about her feelings for Austin. Its too bad Sami is no longer ar Mad World, bc Id love to see she and Abby bond

• Members

I think they've tried to say Will is the new Sami, in that he saw what she saw, he abuses her the way Sami abused Marlena, etc. Gabi is probably just more of a generic schemer/psycho in training.

I'd like this story to deal with Jennifer's flaws as a parent but everything I've read in interviews from Kate Mansi suggests what Abigail is doing is all about Jack being a bad father. If that is the case then I wish they'd had Austin as more of an actual father figure for her, similar to what AMC did a long time ago with Erica and Nick Davis.

• Members

They are both like Sami in diffeernt ways. Will is like Sami with his relationship with his mother and the downward spiral he is experincing as teh result of her cheating. Abby is like Sami with her infatuation with Austin complete with the lies and manipulations and not caring that he is involved with Carrie.

• Members

Bc its interesting? I have to say this is the only story that has me truly excited about Days these days. I really hope they dont dissapoint but the curretn writers have had great ideas but poor execution for most of their run so I am worried

• Members

I can see where Abby doing this would be interesting, I just wish they'd set it up with a different man, not someone who had already been in this situation. Either that or Abby became obsessed with him and we didn't know whether or not it was as a father figure or as more, and she wasn't sure either. I just think if they had to do this with Austin it would have been best with more time.

• Members

Oh I agree with that but thats what soaps are today is what happens at the moment and the instant buzz. At the end of the day its why the baby switch story was a failure because the show didn't really use it to move characters and story forward just rinse and repeat.

I kind of have issues with Abby being so fractured because her history never showed that but I am willing to see if the show can craft more beyond Abby going nuts because of Jack. If anything it should be due to Jennifers fickleness. I do think Gabi and her sense of loss with Ariannas death and her split with Will might have been a better choice and it could have given Rafe and Gabi some deeper story betwwen them than they'd had. Time will tell.

• Members

Kate and Stefano make such a great duo. Loved them tag teaming the Goof Troop. Hopeless saying "this is a waste of time" Ugh, ya think? I dont know what they expected to accomplish going to the Dimera mansion and I loved all of Kate's zingers making them all look like clueless fools

Archived