DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

DR is a place that thinks Ari Zucker is the greatest actress on earth and Alison Sweeney the worst so while Ari is better she's not that much better and all the cries about her being underused, under Higley she got better focus and writing than either JS or AS or anyone on Days.

Istill think CM is a good actor just overdoing the crying and screaming. I thought once that was toned down he was fine and Ali did a great job yesterday. I actually think she backed off a bit to let Chandler have his moment. I am sure CM will get an emmy for his work. Crying and Screaming seems to get rewarded on soaps.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought these particular Sami/Will scenes worked very well. I just wish he'd held the tears and the yelling until now. This should have been a big explosion, the culmination of all the built-up pressure, not... another tantrum. And I'm glad they put the words in Will's mouth that he always felt like the one who was the adult in their relationship, and this latest [!@#$%^&*]-up makes him realize that Sami's never going to be the mom that he wants/needs her to be. Rafe has been saving the day for the past few years (like when Sami shot EJ), but now she's screwed that up, too.

I'm willing to go along with the left turn in Will's characterization because he basically had no character before besides "well-adjusted young man," and when there's a new writing regime that elevates a character to lead status, you often have to make a leap.

The timing of Rafe/Carrie has been all wrong. I don't get what they're thinking. But on the whole, the show is suddenly clicking for me. After months of people wandering around having "nice" scenes and accepting jobs and blah blah, it all of a sudden feels like we're in the midst of actual stories. There's no reason all this setup should have taken 4+ months, and there's no telling whether it will continue, but I actually feel like I'm watching a soap that compels me to watch the next day, which is really all I want after a long day.

• Administrator

I thought Chandler and Alison were both great. I loved Will calling Sami a whore and I too wish Sami would've slapped Will - I think Marlena's slapped Sami before so that would've been even more similarities to Marlena/Sami. I also liked the shoved Will gave Sami a little shove - hard enough to knock her down to the couch but not too vicious to physically hurt her. Sami catching Rafe/Carrie kissing was a good soapy cliffhanger. I don't understand the Rafe/Carrie kiss either - right now, I don't see where that storyline is heading. And I don't believe there was enough "disappointment" (that's not the right word...I just can't think of it right now) between Sami/Rafe or Carrie/Austin for Rafe/Carrie to kiss. And if someone had to see the kiss, I wish it would've been Abby and that's where the finally gets the idea to go after Austin and to push Carrie/Rafe together. I would've kept Sami finding out for a little bit longer.

• Administrator

I agree. Will was such a bore before and now he is the young lead character. I think he's the most interesting character on the show right now. A young Sami Brady drove a lot story in the 90's, so I hope Will becomes a character like his mom (a character that drives story).

• Members

I didn't think the scened were as bad as some made them out to be. I do however agree that had Massey saved the tears and anger for this scene and not been doing it for the last few months, it would've been more powerful.

I was quite amused about EJ bringing up Lexie's indiscretions.

• Members

I love DH's eyebrow. It is easily the most talented brow in show business, and I hope he never changes. I thought friday's episode was good stuff all around. Will and Sami were good, the debate was fun, and I liked the cliffhanger with Sami and the tease of Will going off with his new gay friend to potentially do things nice young boys just don't do. I also liked that Jennifer got to pull one over on Nicole and EJ. She told them not to underestimate her the whole answers thing blew up in their face.

• Members

The whole thing is so poorly written. They provided some reason, albeit a very tacky one, for Sami/EJ to have sex. There is no reason why Rafe is making out with Carrie. It feels like they were trying to stave off some sort of backlash from fans over Sami/EJ cheating.

• Members

Rafe/Carrie is so forced and comes from nowhere. At least with Carrie & Mike, there was months---years, almost--- of attraction and cat 'n mouse games, before finally giving in. Carrie & Austin's current "problems" is simply that they're both busy with their careers. This is making her look like a big ol' ho. Rafe, I can understand, because he has to put up with Sami and her hypocritical and irrational ways of thinking, but overall this is one big DUD.

• Members

Everything in this story has been rushed. It's odd. I would think people who worked with JER would know pacing. The main reason all of the hysteria with Will and Sami is better received is because it plays more into what fans may want to see (Will abusing his whore mother), not because it has been told in any believable way.

• Members

EJ describing how boring Abe is was absolutely hilarious since everything he said was completely true. I guess they're going to set him up. I hope Lexie finally dumps him. This is actually a new twist with sanctimonious Abe lying. I wonder where they're going with this.

Anyone have any spoilers?

Sami is really ridiculous. This chick knows she flat out betrayed her husband and her son knows about it and she's being a prissy bitch about Cafe's kiss. Where the hell is the nuance? Unreal.

Archived