DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Really, really nice scenes between Sami and Will today. Totally in character for Sami to paint herself as the victim and for Will to twist the knife. I was also somewhat intrigued by Ian's cryptic statement to Will and John's ISA connection. And I like the idea of Kate toying with Sami.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sami and Will together was amazing, she is trying sooo hard, and when he started to open up I just started smiling. And then when you could see the walls going back up, my heart broke.

Finally this story is actually getting some heart into it. Before it was all "yell, scream, cry", now it is all coming together. I actually feel for them now.

I love Sami, and today reminded me why, she is that screw up you just can't help but root for. Give her a chance Will. When she said "I may lose my husband, but I refuse to lose you Will Horton"(or however she put it) made me cry.

And Lucas and Sami is LOVE!!!

• Members

Sweet chees and molasses! I was coming here to post that very thing! I can't tell is the writers had a confab with the wardrobe department or if it was a complete bonus win for the viewers. Sami, trying to convince Will that she's finally an adult woman, dresses like a teenaged girl. Ridiculous!

I love that the writers are giving fans the best of both worlds. I like the dynamic of a character like Sami. She's tortured when she's not torturing. She's a total trainwreck who can't see that the train is off the tracks because she keeps derailing it -- it's always someone else's fault. While I like her dynamic, I've really grown to despise her as a character. She's self-pitying, narcisstic and even in soap reality, Will is right. Sami will blow apart her children's lives, because they are always accessories in her life (like jewelry, or that crap ribbon holding that ponytail together).

For me, Will is the voice of viewers who know a walking plot device like Sami is sometimes necessary, but just exhausting in the end. I loved Will meeting with Sami, willing to give her another try, trying so desperately to just love her, and she does what she does best... she made Will's conflict all about her.

• Members

Will's pain is in no way diminished, IMO, because his mother was a hot mess for most of his life. It's that she dragged him through her various dramas and traumas. Every time he came close to having the family he's always wanted, Sami made a mess of his happiness with yet another lie, another scheme.

With Rafe in his life and Lucas gone, he thought he would finally get to be happy, and Sami blew that hope to bits, too. He sees the cycle starting all over again for his younger siblings. I love the psychological drama of Will realizing that he's never had a mother (a caretaker, yes, a live in nanny, sure, but she's never truly been his mother). His job, his entire life, was to be ok with Sami living as if no one else mattered. At least Marlena and Sami had a foundation to build on and to use as starting point to rebuild. Now Sami is killing off the only stability his younger siblings have had. She's doing to them what she did to him.

I'm sick of Sami blaming Marlena for her life. It's 20 years already (plus 20 soap time). Carrie went through the break up of the family and then lost a second mother. Carrie was "human" and moved on. Not everyone reacts the same way to events, I know, but geez Louise, it's about time writers have someone help Sami realize that she loves playing the victim more than she cares to live her life. Marlena IMMEDIATELY accepted responsibility for the pain she caused Sami in the affair with John. She wanted the truth to come out so that Sami could heal and not have to carry the secret. Sami IMMEDIATELY wants to protect herself and not give a damn that the secret is eating Will alive. Will definitely ended up getting the short end of the stick.

Sami betrayed the family who loves her for a man who has raped her, threatened Will, and who has hurt her children, repeatedly. He made them all think Sydney had been viciously killed for pity's sake. Like Will said, at least Marlena was truly in love with John. Sami and EJ are sick and dirty.

If the writing is intentional, the writers played this one perfectly. If not? They're lucky dogs and I still love the writing for Will.

• Members

I deleted my comments because I've said it a million times and it was kind of cheap to take away from your thoughts, which you haven't expressed as often here. I don't like the story, or Will, or most of Massey's work, but I will respect your opinion on the matter.

Archived