DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Melanie's agegroup is nonexistant thanks to Nathan and Stephanie's departures. She's not a teen nor did she ever fit with the older 20 somethings/early 30 somethings like Phillip and Chloe.I really don't get her value to the canvas anymore and it's got nothing to do with how I feel about Melanie or Molly.Amber is a good comparison.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's not a teen, but the actual teen part of this is neglible anyway. Sonny isn't a teen, and Abby looks 30. If these characters are going to be around they may as well be grouped together. It's odd to me that the only one Melanie is with in a teen group is Abby, who is probably the last person she'd hang around with considering what happened with Chad.

• Members

When and how the heck did Nicole become a heroine? I miss the days of her being a villianess/bitch. She comes across too sympathetic these days and Id rather she be someone that we should love to hate rather than just love.

Was a student. Im pretty sure she's an actual nurse now.

• Members
LOL....I noticed that too. I loved her so much last year as a fighter, being one of the outsiders looking in, but this new heroine role with Daniel now as her savior (barf) is just sickening to watch. Yeah its in its early stages but I already dont like it.

She was hardly a villianess during the election. They wrote Jennifer kinda ugly there so Nicole didnt look quite as bad and didnt come across as a bitch as she was more than provoked throughout that story.

• Members

Yup, she did.

Well, i think both Molly & Casey were on some time off at this point, because they are missing all around not just from the will story. I found it interesting they made sonny/melanie friends but shes so MIA now. Itd be great if he confided in her about will and she wanted to tell Abby but didnt want to betry her new friends trust.

will/abby/melanie should all be living together in maggies house, ive said it before and ill say it again. i dont understand why they are not and why they are not bonded as close cousins

They have had some good younger cast members but total lack of attention to the charters since the saved by the belle days.

Higleys teen/young set were spread all over the canvas. I much preferred that.

Shes the 20's group. By group i do mean.. solo. I think Sonny is the closest to her age, then Abby, then the rest.

• Members

Nicole has hardly been written as a villianess.She's been written as a heroine since the story with she Brady and Arianna ended. Most of 2011 she was written as poor Nicole to EJ the cheater or as his sex toy.EJ has also become bland under these writers.I think the election story was an attempt to show them as evil together but the scheming was pretty bland with EJ's motives to become mayor noble rather than using the office for more sordid reasons.Some characters have flourished under the new writing team, Sami, Marlena, and Will to an extent, EJ only in Wills story, and I actually think Bo and Hope have others like Jennifer, Maggie, EJ worse. I was never an EJami or EJole fan but EJ circa 2006, 2007 pre rape was a deliciously sexy villian. I miss that.

• Members

But they really aren't writing Sami as a villian. She's no longer deliberately scheming other than that blip of an arc with Madison and Kate. Sure I think the show is centering a lot of story around her but its more like her world is crumbling to due to her own mistakes not schemes. I actually think its better writing for her but other than Abby no one on this show is really trying to screw anyone else.

• Members

I kind of am team Sammi. Not completely, but Marlena is so cold and collected, it kind of drives me nuts. Of course, I haven't been watching long, so I haven't seen Sammi's terrible behavior through the years. I'm aware of some of the things she's done though.

Archived