DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Today was really fun! I loved Abby slipping further into being delusional, this Abby/Austin/Carrie/Rafe/Sami/EJ/Will thing is actually getting really good. Since they've cooled on their kiss, I think that the Carrie/Rafe thing happening is fine now. Because they feel guilty, but with Austin and Sami lying to their significant others, when it all explodes it should throw them back together. This is reallly fun.

I also am kind of enjoying the Fancy Farce storyline, the Alamania trip should be fun.

I think Madison/Brady has been SO DAMN BORING. But Ian added a jolt of much-needed drama to Madison's backstory. I think I assumed he would be her father with some ties to Kate, but I was really shocked at the end when he was revealed to be her husband. I wish Madison had blown into town with some actual secrets and lying before the Sami scheme and this popped up late in the game, but this could go a long way toward making me support a Madison/Brady pairing.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Agreed! This storyline is fun right now. Abby seeing Austin/Carrie kiss at the end was perfect. I love seeing her slowly descend into potential villainess. Back in November, I came up with the idea of Abby becoming the new young-Sami and it looks like I'm going to get my wish! smile.png The story I would do is similar to Sami/Austin/Carrie in the mid 90's.

Abby pushes for Rafe/Carrie and eventually sets them up for them to think they slept with each other. Carrie doesn't tell Austin. Carrie gets pregnant and doesn't know who the father is. Carrie again doesn't tell Austin because she wants to wait until she knows for sure the baby is Rafe's or not. The baby is Austin's but Abby switches the paternity results to make it Rafe's baby. So now Carrie is going to admit the truth to Austin and every time she tries to tell him the truth, something gets in the way and she doesn't. This keeps happening for a short while until Sami finds out that Rafe is the father and Sami is the one who tells Austin. Of course this all happens at a party. There's a one year storyline right there! Year two is when Abby gets caught but not before she does other stuff.

Yay they're going to Alamainia! I'm excited for this storyline. I just hope it turns out well but so far so good. Nice touch on the Zach reference.

Ian Buchanan is so fun to watch in this role. He plays evil very well. I think it's the perfect timing (4.5 months) to throw an obstacle for Brady/Madison.

This week has been the best week since Johnny's disappearance and I noticed that the episode continuation has improved. Where finally getting episodes that pick up directly from the previous episode and we're seeing storylines on for the entire week (or 4 out of 5 episodes)instead of 2 episodes on, episode off, on again for 1 episode, then off for 2 episodes, etc.

• Members

I thought hte Madison/Brady story was boring till today. IA that Ian has added so much bc before everything was too perfect. Im glad they finally have some real conflict and we are seeing more to Madison's backstory.

Not sure I care for Melanie and Abby being friends again. Id rather they remain rivals

This marriage/divorce thing is so contrived.

I cant believe the hypocrisy of Sami. Is she really kicking Rafe out bc she is angry at him or is it more bc she feels guilty and is using this as an excuse to leave him before he gets a chance to leave her, sorta like a defense mechanism? I really hope its the latter rather than the former with her genuinely being pissed at him. If it is, then she shouldnt have a damn thing to say if he divorces her over her ONS

I dont get what you are saying then bc you acknowledge that the papers were never filed and that being the case, their marriage has never been ended

• Members

Abby is unbelieveable. She gave Melanie such a hard time over Chad, but meanwhile she is going after a married man? So somehow it's ok for her to go after someone else's husband, but someone has feeling for the boyfriend she doesn't even really want, that's a problem. What a little hypocrite. I hope Carrie slaps her into next week when she finds out. Of course, I hope Abby learns nothing from it and keeps causing trouble all over Salem. I love it!tongue.png

• Members

It's a show about nothing. The pacing of this show is awful. So when did Sami tell Roman about Rafe's kiss with his sister?? Was that even onscreen?? I was shocked when Roman went off on Rafe. Of course i did not watch the last two episodes cause I was bored...lol.....at least Will was on today...damn if we could only clone Chandler Massey...the guy is [!@#$%^&*] hot.

• Members

Those scenes were the best I've seen on the show since the new writers took over. And most of that is because of Lauren Koslow and Joe Mascolo, though I tip my hat to Deidre Hall for seeing an opportunity to ad-lib with Joe Mascolo, which was great.

Lauren Koslow is being criminally wasted. Why she isn't mixing with the rest of the 'People Screwed By The Dimeras' is mind boggling. She's so fabulous and her zingers were amazing. At least the script writers, at times, are getting things right. But it is frustrating to see Koslow and Kate being wasted when she perks up even the worst scenes.

Overall, the show is in piss poor shape and the ratings are reflecting this. I do hope Corday is implementing some serious rewrites, but with DAYS' damned production schedule they are so ahead I have to wonder if the damage isn't already in the can.

• Members

It might be true, but I'm a B&B fan. I don't want good. I want slutty little whores running around town causing drama. Of course we need a mix, so good Mel/ bad Abby is fine by me.

Maybe but she was in that position for a good long time before she did her "forgiving". She had been lusting after Austin for months. It would have been too little to late for me, if I were Mel, but for whatever reason she thinks Abby is a great friend. I haven't been watching that long, so maybe she has very good reason to feel that way, idk.

• Members

I'm all for Carrie being called out for kissing Rafe. It was definitely wrong. But what gives Sami the right to throw her across the room and hit her? I so cannot wait for Sami's affair to come to light, and I hope that Carrie punches her so hard that she ends up spitting out her teeth for days.

Archived