DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Lexie's reaction is a little OTT but I'm enjoying watching her & Abe's marriage fall apart, I'm so sorry but I hope it continues and they get a divorce. lol.

I find Ian highly annoying & not interesting in the slightest, I can't believe they have Kate fantasizing about him. What a joke. EM/Brady still isn't doing anything for me. I'm sorry to see SJB in this mess story.

What in the hell was Maggie wearing? I'm surprised no one mentioned that because it was shocking to me. I could only accept someone like Erica Kane sporting that outfit.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe that Ali Sweeney has this big power over the show, but I do wonder if she asked them to make sure Sami was treated in a sympathetic manner, or relatively sympathetic. A lot of beats of this story would make more sense if that were true, especially the weird Carrie/Rafe thing.

• Members

Fans are never going to have the reaction the show may want. If she's being called a hypocrite it is in part down to the story giving her a lot of outs. The story itself gave Sami a strong reason for the sex with EJ, has painted her as a victim of Will's tirades, and had Rafe cheat on her for no apparent reason before he ever found out about what she did with EJ. Instead of what the story was initially thought of as being (Sami losing everything, destroying herself), it's become so muddied and with no real motivation anywhere.

• Members

Nowhere in this story is Sami portrayed as sympathetic. They are writing her ugly and exposing her flaws. I think she'd be more sympathetic if she weren't vehemently attacking Rafe or Carrie but she is and it's doing her no favors at all. She doesn't even come across remorseful for what she did. As long as no one knows then it doesn't matter to her

Archived