DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Right, poor innocent marlena. her daughters outcome in life has NOTHING to do with her. She showered with unconditional love and support and guided her down the right path in life. Thats really all im getting from you, and it couldnt be further from the truth.

No, i never watched the show a day in my life before rolleyes.gif

Nobody's asking Marlena to be perfect, but getting her child professional help when she clearly needs it and encouraging your adult child to when you notice she still has these deep issues would be a nice, motherly move for anyone, let alone a professional therapist.

Shown love... when warranted. And thats the issue, because Marlena clearly rarely thinks Sami is worthy of her love.

When did Sami gorw up? When marlena left town. When Sami knew she had to protect her baby from the dimeras this time around. When she choose to do so by lying and keeping it going. She screwed up by telling him after the death. She grew up when she lost a child and had to tell her other children. When she choose the right guy for once. When she stuck by him. When she tried to support her family. Was she a perfect saint during this time? No. She makes mistakes. Clearly not everybody can be Saint Marlena, Perfect Mother & Blameless Woman.

Marlens spending time with John isnt the issue, her always picking him above her daughter is. Adult or not - when your child dies you need your mother. Sami has needed her mother a lot and she hasnt been there. And when she has been there it doesnt matter because there are so many issues between them that neither, Perfect Marlena as well, do not deal with.

And again, you picked a good example - death row. How nice that she was truly there for once or twice in nearly 20 years. Someone give her mother of the year!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was always true. There was no push and pull. When Victor first started meeting Maggie they were ethically and morally like this

V-------------------M

As time goes by they now are like this

------------V-------M

Maggie never gives ground, not even an inch, nor should she because she must always be right, good and true. It just puts Victor in a bad spot. The only person that can stand up to someone morally pure is someone else just as pure. If EJ fell in love with Jennifer it would be the exact same situation.

• Members

First, learn to read.

Secondly, once you've learned to read, you can read that I never wrote Marlena was perfect. Marlena is far from perfect. She has screwed up countless times. But saying she wasn't there for Sami is simply not true. Saying otherwise, you're simply trying to fit your agenda. Marlena has been there for Sami countless times. I'm not going to argue with you over and over. If you believe that Marlena should support half the stuff Sami has done in her life then fiiiiiiine by me. I just hope I don't ever have the pleasure of seeing your children's wrath.

Growing up does not include shooting people in the head. You have a lot to learn there.

Once again, your trying to fit your agenda. Marlena's been there countless times. I've listed it in my previous posts. Please by all means find clips during those times when Marlena wasn't there. Prove that I'm mistaken. I bet you won't!!

• Members

Oh, arnt we just sweet. Maybe you should learn that personal attacks and judgements based on a fictional tv show, characters and situations isnt a good idea... And for the record, even marlena stated that she wasnt there for sami as much as she could/should have been in response to sami telling her she was always busy being happy with john.

Anyways, I wonder what is going on with Perggy McCay. If she is ok or if they are just not using her, because Caroline fits right in here. Caroline was always there for Sami and supportive where Marlena failed, as Marlena is now for Will where Sami is lacking.

Speaking of dropped plots with victor knowing more about maggies eggs being used, i wonder what is to come for sami and kate and madison when the truth comes out and i wonder if we are to forget that when kate hired sami they hinted at her having an alt motive.

Ian has added a lot to the brady/madison & cosmestics storyline. Now if only they could amp up the other failing stories.

Also, so Kate slept with ian rather recently? Odd...

• Members

Will and Beer Pong Boy's kiss was pretty intense, poor Sonny, such a good dude and then his little heart gets stomped on into tiny pieces. It was a well done, realistic "I'm drunk, young, horny and figuring myself out" kiss. Well done to the DAYS team.

Loved the through the fireplace shot of Nicole and EJ. Nicely done.

Sami and Rafe...good lord I wanted Rafe to break that picture frame over Sami's head. What a sanctimonious bitch. Illogical, thy name is Sami Brady.

• Members

Anyone else find it a little weird how those people were just partying & playing beer pong in the (public) town square like that?! I thought I heard Sonny tell Will that the party was happening at a new club that was opening in the square tonight...LOL guess not.

Wow. That kiss is lasting a long time. Very awkward and rugged, I was shocked! Pretty good DAYS.

Chandler plays a great, convincing drunk. It was MUCH better than that disastorous drunk performance we had to suffer through a few weeks ago w/Patrick Muldoon.

The Sami/Rafe/EJ stuff is just ok. This is a weak payoff so far for me! I was expecting something much more powerful.

• Members

Thank you for noticing the party in the town square, complete with underage drinking and beer pong and drunk makeout session under an archway. They couldn't use a random house or hotel room set for a house party? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only thing that would have made it odder would be for Kate to emerge from her Countess W offices and do body shots.

Chandler Massey plays a good young drunk. Patrick Muldoon is a sh*tty actor and can't act at all, drunk, sober or asleep.

Yep, the Sami/EJ/Rafe crap is crap. It isn't working for any of them. Galen underplayed in his scenes, Sweeney's floundering with horrific writing for Sami and James Scott's puppy eyes with Arianne Zuker are random. It's all hitting a very false note.

• Members

I had seen it late last night on the spoiler thread and found it awkward too.

Was his heart really stomped on?? For me Sonny is more concerned about his safety and what he is going through. I dont think he was upset he was kissing a guy cause he was jealous. Of course i could be wrong about that...but I think its more about Will's actions towards his sexuality than anything that is worrying Sonny.

Is it the town square or an outdoor mall or an indoor mall?? I just dont get it. I hate the set and so sick of seeing it. It is so cheap looking. That was not a new gay bar...please.....lol

I agree about Muldoon he is one shitty actor.

The party being held there was stupid. It made no sense. CM rocks as a drunk.....lol. Yes Muldoon is a s hitty actor.

Off to see my DVD copy of today's episode.

• Members

I would say that Sonny's heart was absolutely all stomped on because Sonny actually loves Will because he actually cares about him. Sonny isn't jealous, but he has concern for Will as a human being. Perhaps it isn't romantic, but Sonny loves Will and wants the best for him and the spiral he's seeing Will go down isn't positive. The Sonny/Will relationship is real love, above romantic and sex.

Muldoon...oh good lord he's awful. If anyone deserves to be fired it's him.

The Town Square is supposed to be outdoor with a roof on top...so open air...but with a roof. It makes absolutely no sense at all. It's cheap looking and a total piece of crap and unbearably small. Going from Salem Place to Horton Town Square...ludicrous.

Archived