DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

I WAS DYING. I can't believe they dropped that reference.

I think Marlena's writing is fantastic this time around and she's a much better character. She's been selfish in the past, but they've acknowledged it AND called her out not being there for Grace's funeral and Sami's wedding, etc. Marlena this time around isn't taking John or Carrie's side, she's reaching out to Sami and we've seen her acting like a professional with Jack and caring for Will so she's easier to root for these days. I like that she's calling Sami out on legitimate things that she should not be doing, regardless of how slighted she feels.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Line of the episode.

Marlena is just as bad of a mother as Sami; however, Marlena at least for the most part has owned up for not being their for her children. She always defended Sami during her evil years and blamed herself. Unlike Sami, who blames her mom for her children's screw ups.

I must say, I'm actually enjoying the show for the first time since the Nicole/Sami babyswitch came out. We finally have some stories going on. The show is far from perfect, but hopefully this is a start.

• Members

Go Marlena! I usually dont say that but she rocked today. Sami is STILL beating her up over things that happened 20 years ago. Its time she gets the f--k over it already and Im glad Marlena didnt stand there and let her continue to lash at her. Sami is such a spiteful, self absorbed child. When she's with Marlena its as if she's instantly drawn back into that dark place when she was 15 yars old. Has she ever had therapy for Marlena's affair bc she still comes across damaged and severely messed up over it. Its not healthy or normal.

Today was the first time since they've been back that Jack and Jennifer seemed to click. The writing for him lately has been MUCH better. He isnt annoying me. I felt proud of him when he refused to take Jen back. I wish he would take her to take a permanent hike and move on with his life

BTW what is up with Daniel? Is he really gone from the show?

I didnt get the impression that Ian was with Kate when he married Madison. They could have been together before 1993. He never got over her and never allowed himself to love Madison bc he still carried a torch for Kate based on their past. Theres nothing about this story that doesnt make sense so far

• Members

When Daniel gets back I bet Jenn is going to use Jack rejecting her today as an excuse to reconcile with him rolleyes.gif

I think Sami and Marlena both have good points in their never ending argument but Marlena is being more rational. I think it's time for Sami to get over it. I love all the references to how Marlena/Will/Sami are making/have made the same mistakes, etc. The devil reference was great, I loved how Marlena quipped by saying "cute" laugh.png

• Members

Marlena IS an awful mother.. to Sami. To Carrie and Belle she is great. But she is and has been awful to Sami and she only ever gets called out on it here and there by Sami, who is just branded immature even though shes correct. Marlena was never there for Sami, and she has not owned that fact. She has made excuses for it - and they are very valid, but it doesnt change the fact that she wasnt there and when she did return she was more obsessed with john and always siding with carrie (even tho carrie was usually in the right). She never parented Sami. She hardly tried. She kind of gave up and was all "Sami is sami". Then there is again the whole not being there when her daughter died and all the crazy [!@#$%^&*] went on for the past few years, im glad its being adressed and not swpet under the rug and chalked up to dee was fired, it doesnt matter. she wasnt there. period. she never is when sami needs her. its an interesting dynamic. and its not to say its all at marlenas feet because when she does try, sami wont let her in. the show explored the sami/john dynamic when he was nuJohn and that was also fantastic.

The Sweeney/Hall scenes of confrontation are amazing. these two just get each other and play beautifully off each other. Massey also fits with them. The Marlena/Sami/Will dynamic is what should have been at the center of all of this, as opposed to a side step of the story. I hope to see the show further explore Sami and Marlena.

• Members

I guess I've seen Sami and Marlena for enough years (in off and on watching) to "know" the characters. With Will I just see an actor, and it's this constant cycle of an actor overdoing lines. It just takes me out of the story, whatever story this is even supposed to be.

• Members

Man I love the dynamic of Sami/Will/Marlena. I loved their scenes.

I also love Austin and Abby. Am I the only one? Lol. It was funny watching Austin squirm when Abby was talking to Carrie about the guy she is involved with and how happy Abby got when she thought Austin was jealous of her flirting with Quinn. Can't wait to see where this story goes.

Archived