DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Stefano was behind the John stuff at all, he was surprised when EJ told him everything, IIRC. He fabricated everything and made it look like John was guilty of corporate embezzlement & fraud. Rafe and Carrie investigated and by the holidays proved John was innocent. It's still a secret that EJ was the mastermind of all that.

The show is ignoring Jack & Jennifer's relationship basically. Jack is barely on & more focus has been put on Jenn's role as Abe's campaign manager. I think they're waiting until Daniel gets back.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel more for Abe. Lexie in one day became the most annoying person in town. He should have thrown her out before she had the chance to walk out. I don't even know what he did so wrong. He caught EJ stealing the answers so he swapped out the real answers for fake ones so EJ would be foiled--a classic example of a badguy being outwitted--and she is mad at EJ's intended victim. It's not like he went beyond stopping any attempt by EJ. He should kick her out of the house, throw her clothes out after her and tell her to go find an ex boyfriend somewhere and stop driving him crazy with her mindless prattle.

• Members

What pardon?

I really love what I see of the show when I see it, particularly the Will storyline which I hope to catch up with on YouTube. Right now I'm just going to try and shotgun the last 10 episodes on Hulu and go from there.

• Members

I honeslty do not remember, because it was just beyond even for this show, but i stole this from Wiki - "Carrie and Rafe conclude that one of the most compelling pieces of evidence against John, a photo of John in Paris, was doctored. With Marlena's assent, Hope and Bo use a recently discovered promissory note from Stefano thanking Alice Horton for saving then-toddler EJ's life in order to gain a crucial piece of evidence from Salem's arch villain. Rafe is finally able to solve the puzzle of the manufactured evidence against John upon which the FBI's case hinges.

The Will story is pretty easy to catch up on youtube. I would suggest starting in mid-late November. After the awful gambling plot, before he saw Ej and Sami having sex. there are a few different users who upload his daily scenes. It is by far the best writing on the show.

• Members

caught up on last week - damn carrie is awful. her outrage at sami being upset about her kissing her husband was just... jarring. seriously, i was like "this bitch!" if it was the other way around carrie would be raging at sami. and before her defends tell me sami cheated and doesnt have a leg to stand on 1. carrie doesnt know that. 2. it doesnt matter, really. her sister and her husband were making out, she has EVERY SINGLE right to be outraged, hurt, angry, and lash out at them. that said, when the truth comes out i need them to own her ass. and i woner how austin will feel when he finds out he didnt sleep with abby. Sami saying "if it were anyone else but carrie it would be different" was so important, and i do believe her when she says that. carrie instantly makes sami go back to the insecure, self conscious girl she was and has tried to overcome.

brady and madison finally have something interesting. i just dont much care. kate/ian is interesting. its times like these i wish Marlena was not saddeled with John, id love to see her and ian mix it up - like when she and Paul Hollingsworth were.

the abby/jack scenes from last wed were very sweet. ma/km play so well off eachother. i love the abby/austin storyline, because its being played properly. austin doesnt have feelings for her, but he does like her and is trying to be a friend to her and that is just feeding her addiction & obsession to him. he is innocent, but he is also blind and stupid. its an interesting storyline for abby, esp if they were to play up the mental history of the horton women (and i doubt it will).

its bizzare that all of this nicole/ej/sami/rafe/carrie/austin/abby/chad/melanie stuff is falling so flat because it all should work, and on its own each part doesn. its the connecting them together and the beats that are being missed and making it all fail miserably.

I kind of find Nicole's time has come to an end.

• Members

Oh IDA. Carrie was apologetic about it at first and regretted it, but Sami wasnt hearing any of it. What was Carrie supposed to do or say when Sami came into her room, hit her and threw her around? Was she supposed to stand there and take it, especially when Sami was going in on her calling her all kinds of name and saying she's always as selfish and manipulative as she was back in the 90s (which is laughable considering how things really were back then with Sami being the antagonist)? Sami had every right to be upset but she was going over board with it.

I dont think the fact that Nicole rigged it is the issue. I think its who helped her. I dont know but the ending made it seem as if there's a mystery person involved that she doesnt want him to know about

• Members

No, but her trying to throw shade and place blame on sami was just beyond. Like, stop it, own it. let her rage. I had no isse with her kicking her out, and wouldnt have had an issue she has smacked her back - but to me it came off as if carrie was trying to play innocent and throw sami's past deeds in her face.

• Members

I think Sami is still being written as a victim. But it's no longer Sami as the poor damsel needing to be rescued she's now a victim of her own actions and its the best writing this character has had in ages and it's not being justified. I do wish the Carrie/Rafe stuff happened after the reveal of the Ejami romp but it is what it is.

• Members

I don't care about Rafe per se (actually, I wish he'd die), or Austin, and I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Daniel. But I do think the couple dynamics therein are interesting. I just think there's always a lot more depth to everything they do on this show since the writing change than I've seen on most soaps in years, and certainly on DAYS since God knows when.

In a rich fantasy world, I'd have happily seen NBC snap up OLTL and pair it with DAYS, because I think together they could do business in the daytime and certainly when Valentini and Carlivati were at the helm on OLTL their vibe fit with DAYS both past and present. Though frankly I think at core DAYS has been a stronger show, writing-wise, since the end of September. I just feel bad that I haven't been able to keep up.

Archived