New Prospect Park News

• Members

Ugh.

They really pissed me off with how they brushed off AMC and then basically ignored OLTL for all of November before just pulling the plug.

I don't even know what to say to this LOL. The ship, unfortunately, has sailed.

I do have to give them SOME credit for continuing to try, but they really botched things big time in November.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that the ship has sailed, but I'm still curious about what ideas are bouncing around in their minds. Someone help me with concrete information here, but I assume pp came out of their own/investors' pockets to license these shows in the first place and I would think they'd always be interested in ways to recoup that investment. This may mean an unrecognizable AMC and OLTL. That notion said, I wonder what were the conditions of the licensing agreement. I mean, there had to have been SOME rules set by ABC in terms of what they could do with these shows, right? Or wrong? I guess one could argue that ABC had no qualms seeing their soaps go to [!@#$%^&*] so why would they care now as long as they were being paid. But I really truly wonder if pp is well within their rights to completely start from scratch/recast the shows entirely/create an entirely new cast/send the shows into new locales or times/whatever, and just slap the titles on them. This creative freedom is what really intrigues me. And I'm not even talking about what are "good" ideas or "bad" ideas for these shows and aienating their built-in audience blah blah, I just want to know if they have carte blanche.

• Members

I agree with everyone else.

I think any of the actors would be a fool to believe a word PP says. They're better off producing a new soap, instead of doing damage to AMC & OLTL by recasting iconic characters like Erica & Viki, which is what they told AN they wanted to do.

• Members

Don't give them any credit, they are (if anything) scrambling to make some kind of money off this because they made an initial investment in it. They're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, they are doing it so they didn't just waste all that money.

• Members

They have success doing primetime pilots, backed by unions, so why not develop primetime remakes of these shows? Or a primetime continuation with some of the original actors? Or even if they remade the show and had say Erika Slezak in a new role. They're just stupid.

• Members

I hope Lucci refuses to give them the time of day if they called her. No way do I see her or most of the rest of the AMC cast even trying to re-negotiate with those yahoos again.

Of course, if they really were limited by ABC to producing the same number of shows, then the blame is on them for taking that deal. What schmucks.

Archived