New Prospect Park News

• Members

According To Nelson Branco In his soaps Uncensored

PP has secured over 100 Million to produce AMC & OLTL. However because AFTRA turned down their last offer, PP is thinking of going to Canada & Non Union. Even going as far to ask the casts to leave AFTRA, Go Non Union & Join PP to stay on the shows........

Unbelievable If True. If Stars did this, Will PP cobver their health care? UGHHH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah the sets are gone, the actors have moved on to other projects, and the crew have gone on to work on other shows....the ship has definately sailed here.

As much as I love OLTL, I wouldn't want to watch the soap I have grown up watching continue in name only.

• Members

Yeah the 100 million is new info, but he's been mentioning this for a while. I wonder why they don't just go through with their threat and go to Canada and produce the shows as remakes. Obviously the US cast and crew isn't going to do it. Period. I think it would take a miracle and obviously the full benefits from AFTRA to get them to work with Prospect. If they're serious, then just recast the shows. Who knows? Maybe they'll find some hard up actors who WILL take the deal, but for the most part, put up or shut up.

• Webmaster

I'm actually with the rest of you. The ship has sailed. Prospect Park was a big letdown and I wouldn't even want to talk to them again simply because of how they botched the soaps shortly after OLTL filmed its last episode. The finale's of our great soaps got shot because of this company and I wouldn't trust anything they said or did (if any of this is even true anymore) until after I saw the first episode aired!

• Members

Assuming this is true for the sake of argument, PP has burned their bridges with the two casts and most of the AMC cast wasn't too amenable to the idea to begin with. So they can save a whole lot of money by going to Canada and using mostly Canadian actors, because they're kidding themselves if they think more than a small number of the OL/AMC actors will think it's a good idea to ditch their union and take a leap of faith with these guys. And I know many of the fans wanted their shows saved, but a show with a new, cheaper cast shot in Canada is probably not what they had in mind. PP should have started with the idea of a leaner, cheaper show.

• Members

How can they force the actors to go non-union? "Entice" maybe, but they don't have enforceable contracts with them to be able to force them to do anything.

I can easily see PP bringing in a non-union very cheap crew to work the show; that's behind the scenes and fans wouldn't know the difference (except for those paying attention to behind the scenes).

Archived