New Prospect Park News

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erika Slezak did say in a recent interview that Rich Frank of PP contacted her recently & said they are still trying to find a way to make the shows return. I doubt ES would goi non union & we know she doesnt like BS. Time will tell I guess.

• Members

I also love how Nelson keeps playing that two other comapnies want these shows as some real threat. Until Jan 2013, It is not. That is when PP has the shows to. If they can produce the shows by then, ABC will give 10 years if not they revert back to PP.

At that point ABC would decide who to sell or lisence to and im sorry but does anyone truly believe ABC will sell/Lisence these soaps to any company that actually stands a chance to make them successful again. ABC IMHO doesnt want that competition. They want them to die on the vine.

• Members

What I don't fully understand is this thing about filming in Canada and not being able to use ANY of the original actors. I still don't see ANY point to this--but that issue aside is it because they were only going to work with Canadian unions (which to my knowledge are connected with American ones?) What about the ton of productions filmed in Canada that use at least half American actors (everything from Smallville to the awful remake of Queer as Folk to the Tales of the City miniseries)? I don't mean due to the actors having to travel, the conjecture seems to be if they filmed in Canada they couldn't get American actors--which befuddles me, but I only really know how unions work theatre wise (though I have worked as an extra on a number of American shows and films that were shot here).

• Members

+1

Sorry if this offends people, but AMC & OLTL should now be moved to the Cancelled Soaps section. (With all due respect, doing so will not make fans any more depressed or upset than they already are.) These soaps can always be moved back here in the .0001% chance that PP ever does anything with them.

Seriously, I would have already started threads for both soaps in the Cancelled Soaps section was it not for the fact that some would be so upset that I was the one who started them. I realize that SON is entitled to do whatever it wants (and hence, this was just a recommendation on my part), but is the plan to wait a year before moving AMC & OLTL to the Cancelled Soaps section?

• Members

I should clarify that I don't believe that this thread should be locked, but it does make sense to call this thread "AMC & OLTL Cancelled: Part III." (Sorry if I caused any confusion, but that is why I gave that comment a "+1.") And seriously, there is no logical reason why all discussion about both of these soaps should not be moved to the Cancelled Soaps section.

• Members

http://www.miamihera...-a-florida.html

I have to say I agree with my girl on this one ;-)

What happened to the plans to put the soap opera online?

Somehow it never happened. But I have to say I feel like it’s had its run. It ended in a good way, so leave it alone for now. I don’t want to see it ruined because it means so much to so many people. We all had closure, and we’re all moving on.

Archived