The Talk: Discussion Thread

Marco Dane

• Members

http://www.deadline....y-over-exposed/

EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: What in the world is CBS thinking? The network is going to announce shortly that Kris Jenner, the insufferable manager mom of those incredibly annoying Kardashian sisters, is the new fill-in host on The Talk. (Don’t these people have enough money for doing nothing already? I suppose Jenner at least can talk about her plastic surgeries…) Also being added is Sheryl Underwood, the African-American stand-up comedienne used to be a regularly syndicated radio personality on the national Tom Joyner Morning Show as well as on the Jamie Foxx channel for Sirius XM satellite radio. She is now a weekly contributor on radio’s Steve Harvey Morning Show. A former member of the U.S. Armed Forces, Underwood likes to call herself ”a sexually progressive God-fearing black Republican”. (Black GOP-er? CBS went looking for a needle in a haystack…)

As for Sharon Osbourne, she wanted out of the daytime gabfest but will come back for six non-consecutive weeks. Sara Gilbert, who’s considered the creator of the show, and Les Moonves’ wife Julie Chen are still on board in front of the camera. But as Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva previously scooped, options for Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete weren’t renewed. It’s been no secret that tensions between most of the women, especially with the overbearing “Chenbot”, had developed during the first season. Sounds like the backroom battles were far more interesting than anything on air: the jealousies, the bickering, the micromanaging. All I know is I wouldn’t want that famous-for-being-famous Jenner momager, who’s already a fixture on E! Entertainment thanks to Ryan Seacrest, anywhere near a network camera. Ugh!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh BARF! Failtastic. Hell at this point, they should just get all the Ex-View hosts do it. There's almost enough of them, LOL! Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Lisa Ling, and Rose O'donnell, I'd find that more entertaining, cause as of now, only hosts that even slightly interests me on this show is Sharon O & doesn't sound like she wants to stay.

• Members

Terrible additions.

Sharon's the only reason I watch this show, 6 non-consecutive weeks, so that might take her through November Sweeps and then she's outta there. Good on her. She should focus on America's Got Talent and work in Britain, The Talk is beneath her.

• Members

I occasionally catch The Talk already and I like it a lot *ducks* Leah Remini always annoys the heck out of me though. Kris Jenner is an upgrade replacement and I definitely would tune in more if she joined! Her, Julie Chen, & Sharon Osbourne - potentially amazing imo! I don't really care for Sara Gilbert but she's ok...

• Members

Oh muh geeze, they are so not ready for Sheryl Underwood. She is going to elicit so many awkward pauses and blank stares. I'd be surprised if she lasts a week. I wonder if she'll carry her purse on set.

Archived