OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Members

I'll be honest I subscribe to the RS is my like my crazy old aunt. She's eccentric and HIGH maintenance and sometimes I want to tape her mouth shut, but SHE IS FAMILY.

Taken in a vaccuum I'd give FV the benefit of the doubt on RS situation. But after SH, GT, TSJ and now TKaye's latest interview, I trust FV about as much as I do Brian Frons.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems like none of the soaps ever have flashbacks which involve different actors in the roles, unless it's a special joke (like Mia Korf). I guess part of it is due to money.

Sadly I don't know if anything of Nancy exists beyond the brief glimpses of her in the episode where Viki gave birth, but I'd always love to see more Elaine Princi. I wish the show had brought her in for a cameo. Perhaps as the new mayor.

• Members

I think Nancy Pinkerton episodes go as far back when Kevin was born in '76; would have been fun to see her and the late Dixie Carter's stint or Claire Mallis, but Elaine Princi...I always felt bad she had to go because I liked her but I remember being so psyched when Robin Strasser came back in the early 90's because she really was Dorian, the Dorian that made me afraid to watch with my mother when I was five...only Robin Strasser could be like the Margaret Hamill of Daytime, she just exuded menace and evil at times!

• Members

I may be wrong but I THINK that is when Dorian was lording it over Viki as the Lady of the manor at Llanfair. There was a famous scene with Dorian redecorating sparking Viki's rage. Back then these two dripped contempt for each other in every sentence.

I thought I read there were somem Nancy P with Victor scenes Malone considered using as flashbacks for the Dorian on deathrow stuff. He was considering editing them so her face was a bit blurred. I wish he had, as Nancy was one ice cold Dorian.

• Members

Oh my God, I kind of remember reading that... that would have made my Life. I've seen two episodes of Ernest Graves as Victor but never any Shepperd Strudwick, and with Nancy Pinkerton, that would be awesome. I am confident that those episodes won't sit untouched in a vault forever. I just hope their availability comes sooner rather than later.

• Members

OK to make things more complicated just watched today's episode on youtube (missing the five mins) and then watched the Canadian episode which does seem to be Friday's--and the second "act" of it went back to a scene from Wednesday's episode! LOL So somehow Canada got the wrong episode but we still got the messed up Wednesday scene error??

Archived