OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Members

A poster on SOC in Chicago said he had repeats of a few scenes from earlier in today's episode though, not from yesterday's so I'm not sure about that...

It sounds like they swapped stories from today's and tomorrow's episodes at the last minute. Not sure which is the "intended" version but if Strasser's last airdate was originally today, I can't help but think Canada actually got the "correct" versions.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Canada's version was "half wrong" too. Wednesday's episode ended with Rex at Gigi's grave and Viki going to Dorian. But Thursday's episode picked up with Rex at Gigi's grave, but they didn't pick up Dorian/Viki.

• Webmaster

Based on what we have, today's episode had cuts to it that have been pushed back to Friday. Some of what aired in Canada was originally supposed to air today before the change. Not sure why Canada had to original feed, while ABC went with the cuts. In fact, per info from ABC, Strasser's last air date is indicated as being tomorrow and what aired on Canadian feeds was parts of tomorrow's show.

It does look like the network had to make up for for the change by inserting that funky segment from yesterday.

• Members

ABC sent out two sets of recaps for this week's episodes.....the first batch and then the "revised" batch...the later of which did not recap today's show.

Also, both versions of recaps have proven at least partially for the second half of this week....meaning that everything in the recaps is happening as written, but just in different episodes...and the "correct" episode Toups speaks of, doesn't totally fit the official recaps.

So, I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

• Members

I wonder why things got changed. Maybe they felt airing Dorian's goodbye during the big (presumably) Todds cliffhanger tomorrow was disrespectful? But then again, if Bo/Rex and Blair/Tea/Todds is airing for Canada right now and we've yet to see any of that, what was the replacement material in the U.S. edit? Certainly nothing we saw today with Brody/Victor since the order wouldn't make sense. And there's no way Brody/Victor and Victor/Todd was all supposed to air in the same episode originally.

• Members

This is what ABC has. Looks like they included the most of the swaps until something further went wrong and they moved Rex's Gigi story at the grave to Friday's episode. That's why they had to play the stuff from yesterday, they were missing about three minutes of content. I'm curious what got pushed out of tomorrow's episode then. The photos are also wrong, they have Blair/Tea from tomorrow's episode and Jess/Natalie from Monday's episode. WTF.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dorian says goodbye; David bids his Pa farewell; Gigi's scratched-out death date baffles Rex.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Rex gets a gun; another person pledges revenge against the fake Todd; Shane asks Brody for help.

Archived