OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved that Téa accepted him for who he was...that was so Téa...feisty intellectual, tough but not incapable of loving...and I have always loved Dani...and to be honest...I love TSJ as Todd...RH is soooo cocky and though seeing him does bring back a bit of nostalgia for me ultimately the hype surrounding him as an actor always ruined the character for me.

Don't you just love little Sam?

• Members

Very in character as Téa is fiercely loyal to those few people she loves.

A non-Téa said it best, Tea was the strongest and bravest woman she'd seen on a soap in a very long time.

But I admit I am conflicted as I winced at her calling him Victor. I loved both versions of RH and TSJ but so far only TSJ is channeling Todd Manning for me. RH has had a few flashes but all I see is Paul Ryan in his I need hugs moments.

• Members

Can someone tell me what the scenes were from when Dorian said, "You're going to hit me when I'm down?" and when they were trapped and Dorian was jamming to the radio?

I'm glad so many of the scenes were from the 1995 DID story, since that was the best writing the Viki/Dorian relationship had for a long time.

Viki's dialogue when she admitted in some way she loves Dorian was a wonderful moment. I don't know why but something turned a corner in the writing for Viki/Dorian over the last year, after a lot of their material in 2009 especially got on my nerves.

I do wish Viki could say, firmly, she doesn't love Clint and this isn't about that.

• Members

THAT is the type of last scene I expected for OLTL's very last day... one last crazy locked up together and rehashing their crazy history and the respect that always underlaid their epic battles.

I am HAPPY we got this scene and the flashbacks.

BUT still so pissed that OLTL's one true supercouple does NOT get to end this show. VIki & Dorian drove more story and were more popular together than any other couple ever and yet ABC spits on 1/2 of them. That's a travesty.

• Members

Everytime it seems Ms. Strasser leaves it has to do with an issue between her and a producer. Now I didn't think she had a bad time with Frank Valenti vs. the times she worked under Paul Rauch or Jill Farren Phelps but given interviews she was willing to stick around a little longer despite her back surgery and they wanted to write her off much sooner and there was little to nothing addressed about her coming back to play provided she would feel better. Now maybe she and the producers are doing something in secret, using the media and it will be a big surprise...but yeah for now it appears Dorian was easy come, easy go...

• Members

The your father had sex with you taunting scenes are pure gold.

But I am a bit saddened the show didn't show all the Dorian/Viki history from day one with Nancy P in the role. TIIC think so little of fans that they wouldn't understand it was STILL Dorian just played by a different actress back then. Even EP scenes should have been added, she had some killer ones too with ES.

It's the character of Dorian we are saying goodbye to not just RS I guess is my point but whatever... ABC just cares about the actors it seems.

Archived