OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Members

What is up with all of the edits, changes, and different airings in US/Canada? What could have changed that they would be making such changes... hmm.... interesting.

Love Kim, so happy she is back. I'm excited to see how Cutter's secret fits in with Kim's... I actually like Cutter & Aubrey, personally. I am excited for the potential of Clint/Kim/Cutter/Aubrey.

DORIAN & VIKI flashbacks... aww, that was sad. Nice flashbacks...

I don't get the criticism for Adriana/Langston/Cassie not being back. Yeah, it would have been great to see them - but Dorian is just going a few hundred miles away and is rich, so I'm sure she'll be back. The other Cramers live far away anyway, and it's not like they can't come visit her in DC. I hope we see them before the show ends but it's not like Dorian was dying...

John/Nat/Brody - boring, please move this along!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow, Brody is getting the irredeemable psycho treatment. I guess it wont be long till he's written out? sad.png

Natalie vs Slutbag biggrin.png I was so expecting her to punch her out

Dorian and Viki admitting they are friends wub.png This was great closure to the oldest relationship on OLTL

WTF?!?! I just saw the Cramer hens yapping in the trapped office. Wow that was bad LOL

She's not going to DC. I think she said she's going to another part of PA, I think Philadelphia.....she's staying in the same state. IA, the other women are not needed bc she isnt leaving the country

• Members

No, she said DC, because she is going to be a U.S. Senator. And IA about the others....as they pointed out, she's only going to be two hours away, so it wasn't necessary to bring them all back just for that.

There were things that were supposed to happen yesterday that didn't appear in that episode either....

Originally, the Brody/Victor stuff was supposed to happen yesterday along with a few other things that didn't show up (and I edited out of the ABC recap when I posted it yesterday).

• Members

The criticism is this...Robin Strasser's leaving, therefore it seems the legacy of Dorian is coming to a close. There are mixed motions on whether she is going to appear at the last minute before the show says good bye to the ABC network or if she will even be back when the show moves to the net. Either way, nobody's certain if this is the end of the road for the actress and the character. How the writing team couldn't at least mention Cassie, whose mother/daughter relationship on OLTL was classic as far back as I remember and this goes back to when Cassie first arrived in Llanview. It was such an interesting relationship that writing teams have echoed it twice in creating the characters of Adriana (who looks like a young Cassie) and Langston. Besides...if your parent had something positive happen in their life...and we know that positive was few and far between for Dorian, wouldn't you contact them in some way. The actors playing the roles didn't have to be there physically, but in spirit would have been a nice homage as they are Dorian's daughters...and bring the Cramer women full circle.

• Members

Not sure where this is originally from but apparently the episode will be restored for the online viewings

Eagle-eyed East Coast OLTL viewers may have noticed that some scenes from yesterday's (August 24) episode were rebroadcast during today's show. It was a "technical glitch" according to a spokesperson for the ABC soap and was fixed for the Mountain and Pacific time zones. The correct episode will also be viewable tonight on SOAPnet and online on ABC.com.

Archived