GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's actually good casting.  They do look alike.  It's easy to forget they are brothers because ASJ left and he was so absent for Stone's entire illness and death.   I think Karen and Jagger came back early on when Stone was diagnosed, but never again.   The show seemed to purposely minimize the relationship just because the actors weren't available.  But Jagger did name his son after Stone as we found out on Night Shift.  The younger sister played by Nikki Cox (Gina) came back later as a different actress as well in 1997 ish.

• Members

I never knew Michael Sutton was older.  The return of Karen/Jagger was good at the time.  It's too bad they couldn't work it out to come back a few more times because once they were gone-they were gone and not mentioned very often.  I have always felt Jagger/Karen had so much story still to give when they left-outside of Stone.

• Members

I just assumed their contracts were up?  I guess it was sudden or a surprise at least for Cari Shayne to leave because they just made Scott her dad.  Or maybe CS was cut because ASJ left?  I can't recall.  I think ASJ always had one foot out the door as the more famous of the two.  I believe Vanessa said she had a 3 or 4 year initial contract, so maybe they changed from the standard 2 year to a longer one for newbies after that since they both were hired before her.  IDK, it was a perfect ending at the time for them, but it seemed like they could have provided a lot more story.  Especially with Stone and Sonny/Brenda heating up-there was a place for them.

• Members

I assume it was a mutual decision with Cari Shayne, unless she was making up something for her benefit - they had no use for Karen without Jagger at that time, IMO. (I know she supposedly turned down a return for PC as well)

I do think killing Karen was always a huge waste. Sabato could've been a decent return to the main show once upon a time, but he's a total joke today.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Idk, I could see a use for Karen with Scott as her dad.  She could have mixed it up with Sonny/Brenda or been involved with Stone's illness and Jason's accident.  There were men to pair her with and family drama to explore.  I have little use for Karen as she did get replaced by Brenda, Robin, Lois, etc as the young female leads, but I do think you could have worked her in somewhere.

I can see CS turning down PC because she was booking regular primetime gigs at the time (and may have been playing Matt's wife on 90210 back then?).  CS and ASJ could have made returns to the main show and I agree it was a huge waste to kill Karen off. 

• Members

Scott (and Serena) left in December 1993, before Karen & Jagger's March '94 departure.

I'd have had Karen be mentored by Alan and/or Monica, or perhaps as a new friend for Laura and Mary Mae. I'd also have Karen learning that Scott's her dad just before the launch of Port Charles. But that's just me.

Edited by Franko

• Members

I forgot Scott was gone lol.  I thought the show was going to make Alan her dad, but I guess that would be weird with her relationship with Jason?    They didn't go very far, but I guess that's icky.  Not sure why the built up Alan/Rhonda though.  Anyhow, I don't think Scott was the initial plan for Karen's dad, but I could be wrong.

I think it would have been a great idea to wait for the launch of PC to reveal Karen's paternity.  Because as it was it was pretty anticlimactic at the time.