GH: Classic Thread

• Members

But it's legitimately half the story.  What happens when Jason gets his memory back lol?  I know Steve and Mo have (had) GH by its throat with their demands for years, but it would be a good story for Steve.  Grab himself another Emmy or something because I still maintain both guys know how to act and tried at some point.

Steve is an idiot.  I could see in 1997 liking playing the new Jason, but sometime in the last 25 years or so it could have happened.  He ended up playing the Carly romance towards the end.  I tend to think if a writer brought it up in the last 5 to 10 years he might have done it.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's made it clear he doesn't want to do it. Which is very lazy. He just wants to show up in a shirt and jeans and play action hero. It's fireable IMO, but so was his pyramid scheme and antivaxx status and I still suspect he'll be back eventually despite the shít he pulled.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh, I 100% agree SBu will be back.  I have no doubt that this show will end with Jason Morgan on screen.  The Jason Q memories would be about 10 times more exciting than anything he's done this century.  It's a shame SBu is the type of person he is because I actually think he could be a really decent leading man.   Not to be SBu's hype man, but I think he actually has more range than Mo and ability to generate chemistry with romantic leads...which is something MB lacks.  It's just such laziness like you said.

• Members

It didn't stop Days from hiring him.  Idk, it seems like Ingo (rightfully) got much more backlash.  Steve was just a little more low key about his views I guess.  After all that Monavie stuff and no consequences, I have no faith GH cares.   Funny, I remember thinking Ingo was so cool for calling Steve out on the Monavie scheme lol.  How times have changed....

• Members

It was about 10-15 years ago and Steve was selling this health juice.  The problem was it was basically a pyramid scheme and he was encouraging castmates and his fans to join.  If the fans joined (I think it was a several hundred dollar buy in to sell this juice to others) they got special perks at his events like private meet and greets or whatever.  He also spent a good portion of his events schilling this juice and its benefits for anyone at his appearances.  Obviously, he was making money off this, but in true MLM fashion no one else was.  I don't know what happened to Monavie or Steve's involvement.  He got a lot of heat for it and I have no idea the status now. I haven't heard anything about it for at least a decade.  Anyhow, Ingo was very vocal about how it was a crappy and obnoxious thing to do to fans. 

I am sure I am missing some facts, but that is the gist of it.  Steve wasn't the only one on GH selling it.   The guy that played Max was pretty high up in the pyramid and I think BA (Spinelli) and BH's husband were involved as well, but Steve was by far the most greedy about how he went about getting people into the scam. Btw, I think the juice is just acai berry juice that was supposed to by special lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

They also basically wrote the juice into the show at one point with Jason, Spinelli and Claudia cured by some magic acai berry juice, IIRC.

The entire affair should've gotten Steve fired for good and the production team and EP censured for enabling his scam. It was so corrupt and transparent, and a classic example of how insular and marginal daytime is as an industry. If that shít went down on primetime the actor would've been fired and the show would've been disciplined so fast it would feel like time travel. But because it was daytime no one in higher power knew or cared until the hand was beyond forced, possibly by Ingo's comments, and either way no one was ever fired and no discipline was ever made public.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I vaguely remember the magic juice crap storyline.

Obviously, no one backstage cared.  JFP was probably shilling it herself.  The strangest thing to me was how many cast members outwardly supported it.  I don't think MB was part of it per se, but he was rocking Monavie merchandise all the time and so were a lot of other people.  Ingo was the only one that was like 'not cool, man'.  I don't think even Nancy chimed in.  Whether it was out of fear or other circumstances, the cast all seemed to be down with starring in a mini-Monavie commercial.  It truly was a strange time and then it just disappeared, so I would assume there was some type of discipline eventually handed out.

• Members

I'm sure something quiet was finally done after Ingo spoke out, and fans had been vocal too at the time. But the fact that it was allowed to go on at GH events at all, and then written into the scripts, should've led to firings. Again, typical daytime.

• Members

Absolutely.  None of it should have been allowed anywhere near fan or GH events.  It such a gross manipulation of your loyal fanbase.  It also was at the height of the "Jason is the ultimate hero and perhaps a deity as well" stories on GH.  

Please register in order to view this content

.  Steve was already charging people to see his 'band' and I guess if people want to see that it's on them and their ears.  I assume Steve made a lot of money on all this.  Anyhow, my thoughts on Steve as a person are much different than my thoughts on Steve as an actor and Jason as a character. 

Billy got some really bad writing for AJ, but I always felt he was badly miscast.  BW tried, but he just wasn't AJ.

• Members

I was curious to see if Nancy and Ingo had ever been on the same side lol so did a bit of research and apparently she wasn't too happy about it either: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/28338883.html

Of course the above was the year before Twitter truly took off so she may have said more if the whole thing had played out a couple of years later. There is one tweet that subtly references it from 2010 though:

Edited by Dion

• Members

Maybe that's why we didn't hear from Nancy, but I swore Ingo posted his rant on twitter.  I do think Ingo/Nancy were friends/friendly.  They did seem on the same side about a Jax/Alexis romance and both seem for it.  Politically, I honestly don't think Ingo went public with his beliefs until recently-the last 5-10 years.  I am not even sure how Ingo became so politically charged because he seemed like a chill, surfing Australian until about 2014.