GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, for sure.  Again, I don't even think he's a citizen or can vote but.........whatever.   I just remember NLG/Ingo seemingly being friendly at the very least for a long time.  I am not blaming her or anything.  I just am pretty sure Ingo hasn't always been the way he is now.  I was pretty convinced he was a pot smoking hippie surfer for most his life.  He named his kid Peanut for God  Jason's sake lol!

• Members

I agree. It's sad, and he was underrated and excellent on the show in some rough years even/especially as Carly's man and the father to her sons, the only place in the canvas post-Brenda that suited him at all for a time. Now I just don't need to see him ever again, which is a pity for Jax who I still felt had a bit more to offer in the right role.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I still like Jax as a character.  If you separate someone's horribleness from the character, he was good.  I remember the scene after Brenda faked died at S&B's wedding in 2011 when he went off on Sonny and it was glorious!  IR was really good when he was ripping into Brenda at the Nurses Ball in 2013 when he found out she was with Sonny.  It was an ugly exchange on his part and it's not on you tube anymore, but I remember wondering where that good acting came from because he spent most of his time coasting by on being a good looking, likable, decent guy.  Jax did have more to give and more places to go.  I don't necessarily miss him or feel bad he was fired, but it's clear he was wasted for a decade at least.  In theory, Jax is a much better lead than Jason/Sonny could ever hope to be.

• Members

Exactly what was Luke Spencer's source of income in the 90s forwards. I know he owned a club but was Luke exactly a mobster or mob affiliated?

this is why im a weary about following soap stars or even news casters on social media. I dont care to know about your politics or personal drama, I just want to enjoy your work on screen and that's it. I might question their personal life when an actor departs a role or something along those lines.

• Members

I am pretty sure Luke's only source of income was the club in the 90's, but I also remember he would sell pieces of the ice princess off if he needed cash.  I don't think he was really mob affiliated unless you count Sonny.

Yeah, I could do without several peoples social media.  It seems a lot of GH drama seems to happen on social media as well.

• Members

When Luke & Laura came back, they had been running the diner, then he was working for Frank again and opened the club.  Guza added the great touch that he still had the Ice Princess and was very conservatively using it over the years to help fund the family and his adventures.

Even Laura’s house was rundown when they bought it.  IMO Luke always had access to plenty of off the books cash.  It’s in his nature!

• Members

Yeah, don't quote me but IIRC they were living happily for a time in the '80s and then had to start running and traversing the globe because Frank Smith's people set after them again, which led to many offscreen capers (including Luke's alleged renewed fling with Holly). I believe that was the only life Lucky had known until they attempted to settle at the diner in Canada(?), which also didn't last. Luke has always had plenty of secret cash, but for years much of it was used to keep them running.

• Members

I believe that is what was stated onscreen when they came back.  They had a couple of years running around having their own adventures when Frank started his vendetta against them and they started living under false identities and moving around.  They had been kind of settled for a period of time in Canada when they were discovered and went back on the run to PC.

• Members

Wasn't Daniel J Travati also on General Hospital as Spence Andrews in 1979 - not sure of the exact storyline, think he may have been a "temptation" for Lesley but she chose to stay faithful to Rick (this was in the months before she found out about Rick and Monica and Rick supposedly being AJ's father)