GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Ah yes, Broadway legend Kelly Sullivan. That brings back memories I'd blocked out for a decade. I remember the devotees pushing and pushing people to eat that [!@#$%^&*] up because it was supposed to be camp heaven. Garbage.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think we rehashed the whole Fluke thing just earlier this year in this same thread, but yeah, that was clearly Bill Eckert before Ron got mad people figured it out and then the medical delays from Tony Geary. That was all around the same time they had Luke saying stuff only Bill would have said, as Vee mentioned, and were randomly bringing up the old Eckert house, Jenny, and Julia out of nowhere for probably the first time in a decade. 

Luke having DID was horrible and I think a poor story choice, but we won't get into all that. My personal feelings are that they still should have just gone ahead with it being Bill and whatever they had planned in regards to Julia and whoever. Who cares if the audience already had an idea, especially when it was so obvious onscreen.

@carolineg Connie's DID was really one of the worst things I've seen on GH. Bad all around. 

• Members

In fairness, she wasn't his recast; Garin Wolf's crew (and I think JFP) hired her about six months prior. It was Frank though who was dazzled with her Broadway creds (given how many Broadway talents he'd worked with in NY theater at OLTL) and he and Ron went whole hog with Connie. Supposedly some kind of DID or mental illness story was on the books before they arrived, but it was Frank and Ron who created Connie onscreen. I agree the Connie saga of 2012 was one of the worst and most embarrassing aspects of that year, even if a lot of other stuff they did that year helped save GH. But no, his biggest flops - the return of the OLTL 3, Franco, Silas, Fluke and Denise - IMO came later.

I personally did not think Sullivan was bad as Kate initially when she first appeared. I was not a fan of recasting Megan Ward at all but I thought she did okay with straight material, before Frank and Ron fired virtually the entire longtime daily writing team.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, I knew Connie wasn't specifically Ron's casting or decision. I can see how the mental illness story could be in the works beforehand, but I think everything was rushed once Sonny was single again and Guza was fired.  I think maybe the bones of the story were vaguely there, but UGH...

I would like to throw in Kristina's recast and reality show nonsense into the ring as well....

• Members

She was awful, and I said so at the time and people got so mad! I realize Lexi has not covered herself in glory since (and that the recast went on to success on a CW sci-fi show) but woof I could not take Lindsey Morgan or "Trey," Kate's worthless long-lost son whose entire persona and storyline was a very, very lazy rehash of the already bad 'reality TV hunk' story that introduced the equally pointless Ford on OLTL.

• Members

I actually thought Lexi was great as Kristina, but looked young.  She still looks younger than Molly to this day lol.  I think Kristina/Ethan could have been built into something down the line though.  It was not to be.  I don't think NuKristina was awful the overkill of her being sexy/mature was so obvious.  Tbh, I don't recall the actor that played Trey's name, but he isn't any worse than half the people running around the show now as 'hunks'.

• Members

Yeah, I don't put a lot of the casting since FV on Teschner frankly. But I may be way off on that.

I agree Lexi was great in the early years but is messy now. Trey was played by Erik Valdez, who I believe went on to CW shows as well. He wasn't a terrible actor but he was mediocre and the character was obnoxious and pointless.