• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Also known as the GREATEST day in GH history

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you!  I always knew she started in September, but I always forget what day. 

Perhaps the 2nd GREATEST day in GH history?  I loved this montage and episode.  So good.

You are correct Clink/Boom was in May 1996.  

@titan1978I always though Clink/Boom originated as a Labine idea or outline and Guza executed it.  I had no idea it was all Guza.  A lot of things happened in those six months- Sonny's arrest, Jax/Brenda's relationship, Sonny/Lily's marriage, Lily getting pregnant.  That's a lot of material to come up with.  I remember thinking so much story happened between Sonny/Brenda's breakup initially and clink boom and it was only in about 9 months of actual time.

I don't actually remember Brenda's first day.  I have obviously seen clips, but I don't remember much about her until her/Jagger become a couple and she's not even really on my radar until she starts dating Sonny.  Same with Sonny.  I remember him with Karen, but I didn't pay attention to him until he hooked up with Brenda.  I honestly don't think I have ever really seen all of the Karen/Sonny/Stripping story to this day.

• Members

Well, if I have my dates right, ...

Yesterday was the anniversary of the last day of ATWT, 9-17-2010 and

today is the anniversary of the last day of GL, 9-18-2009.

So I gotta say this is some kind of cluster or dare I say, nexxus? Me, I wasn't watching GH to be aware of Sonny & Karen or of Brenda & Jagger. It's not until there becomes the entity Sonny & Brenda that I tuned in, some.

• Members

Clink/Boom always read to me as pure Guza.  It was cool to see MVJ’s comments.  That he had the ending in mind and now they all had to help get there.  A credit to that writing team that it was a true twist, and a lot of character development happened to lead us there, and it also seemed like a natural outcome.

I recently rewatched Guza’s first year (well he almost made it a year before Sunset Beach pulled him away), and so much happens all around, not just with Sonny/Brenda.  I mean look at Laura- in like 7 months she and Luke went through a murder trial (Damian Smith), Lulu’s illness, the Nikolas reveal and return of the Cassadines.

• Members

Idk, I always thought Claire was leaving anvils for Lily's demise long before Guza took over, but that could be a hindsight thing.  It was a true twist to me at the time, but looking back it truly seems like the inevitable.  It was genius regardless.  I always crack up when Sonny tells Brenda in the cave sex episodes that the hitman (carbomb man) was looking for a pretty brunette and it was meant to be Brenda, not Lily.  What a horrible description for a potential hitman especially when the two girls look so alike.   That's when you knew the wheels were falling off with Culliton post Guza.  I mean not only that but ooof 1997 was a rough year.

Guza burned through a lot of material quickly, but it didn't feel rushed if that makes sense?  Even Lois/Ned moved at lightning speed through it all.   When you think about all the things Brenda, Robin, Jason, AJ etc went through in that year period when they are all so young it's crazy.    But like you said even Monica/Alan and Luke/Laura were all moving quickly.

• Members

I think it was common knowledge Guza always took credit for all of it.   I just assumed there was some sort of outline left for the Lily character that Labine created or at least a very clear idea.  It could be all Guza's brainchild and I generally don't think it matters who came up with it, but to me there were signs Lily was going to meet a tragic end from the start.  The show played up her and Sonny's comfortability/friendship with one another from the start.  Regardless of it all Guza and his writers came up with a lot of the intricacies of it all and added Jax, which was a stroke of genius or very lucky.  

I don't dislike Guza.  I miss him at times.  Things happened.  There were cool events.  I just think there was a trajectory for the Lily character from the start unless someone really thought Miguel and Lily would take off which is possible as well.  

I am not arguing actual facts, but I thought Labine actually left stuff to play out before she went to OLTL

• Members

By the time Sabrina was killed off she wasn't as annoying.  Although I honestly don't remember much of her story post Patrick.  I didn't care that she died, but with her and Courtney it almost felt like a waste of the viewers time to just kill a character off that had so much time invested in them if that makes sense.  Sabrina just could have left instead.

And............I don't think Michael deserved better lol.