GH: Classic Thread

• Members

What I can’t remember is if Rhonda had already burst in to Kelly’s and basically revealed Karen’s abuse from Ray yet to Ruby and Brenda (Jason Q didn’t seem to have picked up on it as fast as Ruby and Brenda) or if the stripping reveal was first?

One of my favorite scenes by the way- Ruby and Brenda looking at each other and realizing Karen was in real trouble.  I loved Brenda’s relationship with Ruby.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No, I believe that was after the stripping reveal because Brenda seemed absolutely clueless as to why Karen would be stripping.  And, as you said, Brenda picked up on her abuse fairly quickly and would probably at least put two and two together.  I could be wrong because I think it all happened very close together and it wasn't drawn out very long.

I actually loved Ruby/Brenda too.  It's not a relationship that gets talked about often (as I think her relationship with Lila/Edward is more memorable).  I like when Ruby would treat Brenda like a daughter/granddaughter and tell her how stupid some of her schemes were, but in loving way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Been watching Holly’s 1992 return - amazingly written how her return formed part of Faison’s scheme against Robert and Anna (indeed, Holly’s return in NY happened just as Faison had kidnapped Anna). Also incredible how they managed to involve Mac and Dominique (I’m still laughing at how Mac calls Robert “Robbie”).

I’m still making my way through, but I’m suspecting that Robert’s departure is not far off from here…

• Members

A few pivotal dates in 1992. As always, thank you curlyqgrl:

Tuesday, Feb. 25 -- Robert leaves to search for Anna.

Thursday, Feb. 27 -- Mac moves in with Holly and Robin.

Monday, March 9 -- Holly receives divorce papers from Robert.

Friday, March 20 -- Bill flirts with Holly at the Outback, which she now manages.

Friday, March 27-Friday, April 3 -- Robert and Anna are considered dead, receive a memorial; Bill and Holly have a moment on the docks on Wednesday, April 1.

Monday, April 6 -- "Mac and Bill discuss how they would like to leave PC if it weren't for their responsibilities. Bill wants in on The Outback if Mac is willing. Dominique (by now firmly part of the Deception storyline) is disappointed that Mac did not come to her if he wanted a partner in his club. Bill tells Holly he hopes she will stay on as The Outback's manager."

Thursday, April 9 -- "Sean offers Mac a job as an undercover cop but he must attend the academy. Holly sets Dominique straight about her and Mac. Mac agrees to take on Bill as a partner in The Outback. Dominique tells Mac that she is tired of him shutting her out of his life."

From there, Holly entered into the Paloma/Simon Romero story with Bill and Mac and eventually just Bill. Bill and Holly finally kissed on Aug. 7 and officially became a couple on Sept. 11 ("Bill tells Holly that he feels alone without her."). Meanwhile, Mac and Dominique officially broke up on May 4 and Felicia returned on May 22.

So yeah, there was a lot of transition and chem testing going on, but if you hung around through summer, things had mostly worked out.

• Members

Thanks!  I guess they didn't date at all then.  I swear I thought they at least kissed or something.  I vividly remember Holly being really comfortable with Mac when they were raising Robin together and maybe assumed they were a couple?   Idk, I should probably go write some Mac/Holly fanfiction now since I apparently made this scenario up lol.   But to be honest, I can't remember Mac/Dominique at all, so that part tracks.

Also, looking at those recaps, how weird is it that Sean offers Mac a job as an undercover cop before he's had anything formal training or gone to the actual police academy?  That seems....ill advised or at least very risky lol.

• Members

I think Mac and Holly did unofficially date, and the show did make an effort to test John J. York and Emma Samms' chemistry. But what I'd like to know was if Tristan Rogers' departure aborted any plans to do Mac/Holly/Robert, or if there were plans for either Dominique/Mac/Holly/Robert or Mac/Holly/Robert/Anna.

The first eight months of Emma's return in 1992 were essentially like this:

mid-January-end of February: Continuing the Robert, Anna and Faison story.

end of February-early April: Robert, Mac ... or Bill?; Wrapping up the Robert, Anna and Faison story.

April-September: the Paloma/Simon Romero story, with Mac being eased out for Bill.

Also, Bill lost not one, but two leading ladies in a one-week span in July '93: Holly on Friday the 23rd and Victoria (Teri Garber's character) on July 30.

• Members

It did seem like the plan for Holly/ES shifted or was incomplete after Robert/Anna left.  I would say the same for JJY.  I am not sure if Mac/JJY was just tested with so many people it seemed that way, but Mac didn't have much of plan either.  To be fair, though, 1992 was just odd with all the backstage changes, so it's not really specific to them only.

• Members

I remember this weird shít - we made a lot of fuss over it on PTV, because Bill and Holly was their attempt at a big romance for awhile and Tony Geary was obsessed with Bill Eckert. I had a very hard time believing he wouldn't step in on this in the script unless he completely was checked out at this point.