GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Members

IMO, the story as originally laid out and spoiled was very intriguing, and it had the potential to be really good. Unfortunately, it suffered the problems associated with all of Guza's stories in the last years - rewrites and knee jerk changes. It involved the entire cast, the interviewing flashbacks and list of names at the beginning of each episode was an interesting way to tell stories. Sadly it devolved into a mob thing. And characters were killed needlessly… Trevor Lansing still had so much potential, even more than AZ, as a truly ruthless villain… and the hospital was practically stripped.

In my personal interest one huge problem was Luke - who was supposed to be there for Tracy - stuck in a jail cell with the newly entered Ethan for far too long. Not only did LuNacy miss the opportunity they were supposed to have (although we had some amazing TraLu as a bit of compensation, and Edward admitted he loved Tracy) but Ethan's entrance probably set that character back months.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He what? WTF Guza? Tracy's modus operandi has always been her desperate need for Edward's affection and approval. Now that she has that, what does she have to motivate her? Thanks a lot, you stupid, stupid hack!

• Members

Considering they marginalized Edwards' relevance, airtime and significance, it probably doesnt matter either way. He's barely played much of a role on her character development in recent years. She's been largely defined by her marriage to Luke than her Quartermaine ties

• Members

laugh.png Port Chuck Band will be in Rochester NY at the Waterstreet Grill September 1, 2011.

In case if anyone wants to go. Port Chuck is an innovative cover band made up of the most popular actors from ABC’s TV show, General Hospital. The band is made up of Steve Burton, Scott Reeves, Brandon Barash and Bradford Anderson.

http://www.waterstreetmusic.com/calendar.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTyTHh-j51c

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>No, it was about time. She was potentially dying and unconscious. It's not as if she heard it. After loosing so many people it did make sense. Besides, Tracy had that issue of working for her father's love ages ago. That hasn't been true since Dillon was born.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>To be fair to all of them - and acknowledge that LuNacy is one thing Guza often did right, especially as the Spencermaines were being formed - Tracy has grown from watching her brother's large, preferred family with her on the rejected outside, to being the centre of her own large family with Monica watching from the outside. She couldn't be lost forever. Tracy isn't young enough to be manipulated by Edward anymore, and Edward isn't nearly as powerful in her life as he used to be. She's gotten wiser, Edward has gotten old, and time moves on.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

Believe me; I'm all for characters evolving. At the same time, I enjoy watching characters who spend their entire lives reaching for that one goal that remains just out of grasp. I like characters who are hungry, to put it bluntly.

One more thing: Tracy and Luke? I'm sorry, but that never should have happened.

• Members

Well, on that we are obviously going to disagree. But I don't think Tracy was always needing Edward's love and approval as much as she was looking for her proper place in the family. She has that now - she was/is CEO of ELQ (the show keeps going back and forth on that one) - and with Lila's death, Edward had much of his fight with Tracy removed. However this constant need of Edward's for a Male Heir remains a sticking point, but instead of constantly fighting it, Tracy is just getting on with what needs to happen. It will be interesting to see where this story goes and if ANYONE will finally point out to Edward that his "heir" was under his nose the entire time, it was only his own misogyny that was keeping him from seeing it.

• Members

Tracey: "You know, I always knew your son was a garden variety Quartermaine. Actually, he's weaker than some. My children were never addicts"

Jason: "Not that you know of"

Tracey: "Dont try to shift blame. You're the one that got your hand caught in the cookie jar"

Monica: "My son is in a crisis and you're standing their gloating. You really are a miserable shrew"

Tracey: "Shut up Monica. This is a long time coming and I am going to enjoy ever stinking minute of it. Did you really think you could raise a pillar of virtue? You slept with half the staff at GH. You drove your poor husband to drugs and you lie like Jason. However I do give him points bc he owns his vices. He doesnt go around whining that its someone elses' fault"

:lol:

Archived