GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair: Alan himself was an alcoholic and drug addict; and his biological mother, Susan Moore, wasn't exactly stable either. (Nor did she come from hearty stock. Heather, anyone?) So, yeah, "Jason Quartermaine" as a drug addict, I can buy.

• Members

No word to take... I'm just saying I don't see how Guza-like this was. It wasn't ground breaking or earth shattering, but it wasn't destructive to any of the characters. It was FANTASY... which, I think, some people don't know how to interpret, what with some of them thinking characters exist without writers.

• Members

So I guess the following has to happen (and, like, yesterday) before we stop jumping the old gun and writing Garin Wolf off as a failure just a month or so into things:

* Sonny dead, behind bars for life (with no possibility of parole), or leaving the Mob behind to become a priest.

* Jason back to being "Jason Quartermaine," as if the past 15-or-so years never happened, and portrayed by someone who can act his way out of a paper bag.

* Carly as something other than a nag (or nag, depending on whether we're talking about personality or whether or not she's of the equine persuasion).

* The Quartermaines all front-and-center again, despite the fact that w/ only Monica, Tracy and Edward (who ain't gettin' any younger, folks! And need I mention how much John Ingle can't compare to David Lewis as Edward, no way, no how?) around, that isn't easy to do.

* The Spencers, well, gone. (Or at least less loathsome and sketchy-looking.)

* The Cassadines - or what's left of them - gone, too.

* Spinelli, Sam, Dante, Olivia, and anyone (else) with the last name "Zacchara" or "Corinthos" - yes, Michael, that includes you! - cast into the Sea of Forgetfulness.

* Skye, who is not a Quartermaine, really belongs on ALL MY (UNDEAD) CHILDREN, and is portrayed by an actress who has no real intention of uprooting her husband and family again to work full-time on the West Coast, back on the front burner.

* Elizabeth Webber as something other than a heroine who's so put-upon and tragedy-prone that she'd make even AMC's Brooke English go, "Bitch, please!".

* Matt, Patrick, Robin and Steven Lars, who've had little or no story in quite the while (I'm not counting Lisa; that garden-variety psycho don't exist in my world), revving the hell up already and becoming non-boring and useful.

* And of course, Bobbie back on-screen and not looking like the Octomom's mom.

Am I missing anything?

You do realize...we're still on ABC, right? I mean, Brian Frons hasn't pawned the show off on PP...yet.

• Members

Loved the dreams. Liason. wub.pngwub.pngwub.png I thought Burton was seriously going to finally take his shirt off for that dream.

ALAN!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I miss him!!!

I hate Sam but love her throwing Carly out of Jason's room.

Wow Matt is seriously an ass. Just wow. I can't believe he said that to Patrick.

• Members

Liz and Monica's dreams were off the hook amazing! I savored those scenes up. I would LOVE if Jason's personality was a mixture of those two. A doctor/painter. I would so love that. I love how the show used art in the Jason/Elizabeth's dream. Liz's dream was just to much to take! Becky and Steve are FIRE together. *BIGSIGH* And I loved Monica's so much just because it had the Quartermaines together and it was so funny/weird watching Jason. I really could see him like that on the show.

LMAO, didn't care about Sam or Carly's dreams. I'm sure Sam's was the closest, if not the exact thing we'll end up with.

Matt ohmy.png The show is really taking a hammer to his character LOL he's just bad.

I'm actually really enjoying Garin's GH so far, there have been a few episodes that I hated but overall I think GH is pretty good right now. There's still a lot of work but it's good to me.

• Members

Some of these dreams don't make sense. If you are dreaming about what you want, why on earth would you fantasize about things going horribly? What train of thought gets Monica from "Oh, things could have been so different. If only...." to "My son is a coke fiend."? And I don't even know where the Liz dream came from. Three minutes ago she was telling Lucky she will always save him, and now she is fantasizing about her perfect romance with Jason. So ok, she still pines for Jason so how does her fantasy become he doesn't want a baby and she is trying to get pregnant? It's her fantasy, he is supposed to want everything she wants!

And back to Monica...its her dream world where everything can be as perfect as she wants...and AJ is still dead.laugh.png

Archived