GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously? Jason is snorting dashboards now? Or is Robin just that stupid? Anyone remember the head injury Jason received after the bomb Jerry set off in the dumpster? Or how about he has a piece of that church roof that fell on him lodged in his brain? Either would have been more believable than Jason has a piece of AJ's dashboard up his nose. Especially considering he was ejected from the car and hit the back of his head on the rock. Jason never touched the dashboard! Come on!

• Members

Patrick: "Well because of the impact, the particle could've went up Jason's nose, through the ethmoid sinus and then further migrating into Jason's frontal lobe." wacko.pngblink.png LOL wow Kate Hall.

Omg! I think I figured out the case right along with Spinelli. There are drugs in the flour! And Anthony Z is the one behind it. I remember when he gave Johnny those cupcakes yesterday from that same bakery. He told Johnny there was nothing but sugar and flour in there. Lyin' ass! Johnny gave one of those cupcakes to Abby later on and he ironically told her a "sugar high" would kick in after eating one.

LOL, Anthony Z is gonna get the entire town of Port Charles high off cupcakes....laugh.png

• Members

RE: he also is balancing the show with a variety to his stories. What kind of variety do you mean? The same people getting the same type of storylines? Or different types of stories on the screen? Or different characters now being shown in story? I have seen a complete Garin Wolf storyline yet...so its hard for me to say...but

Jason with a head injury is not new especially if the outcome will be the same. Garin likes triangles will Jason be in one? probably not

Elizabeth still in doom and gloom storylines she hasn't had a happy storyline in nearly six years he has an opportunity to fix this...I'm not seeing him doing that . He had an opportunity to get her away from Lucky for a minute to focus on the woman who wrecked havoc to her life he didn't do that either instead he let her stand there while a woman mocked her son's death with little dialog no snappy comeback she should have pushed her down the stairs but she didn't.

Sonny's storyline haven't I seen this before?

Carly's seem familiar.

• Members

I think we're in that "hurry up and wait" place. September is when fans return after the summer and I think GW is being rather strategic about how he's playing some of the revelations.

In the meantime the stage is being set. I'm quite intrigued by what is happening to Kristina, and Tracy leading her own story just blows the mind. The action and pay-off won't amount to a hill of beans if the ground isn't prepared in the first place.

• Members

I have been staying out of this thread because with GH I can't even snark about it. THis is the show with so so much wasted potential.

In some ways I agree its too early to judge but in other ways this is the honeymoon period for a writer. MAB at Y&R, RC at OLTL , Brodericks short stink

at AMC after Pratt all got big thumbs up because what they did was focused on cleaning up the messes that the previous writers left and wrapped up the stories

on canvas quickly. While I see better character intereaction, I don't see any of the other stuff. The the Jax stuff was tweaked, the same Carly

centric story, Sonny story, and Jason's stories which all were likely planned by Guza but revised by the new HW. Some of that stuff has been better. The bad is the spinelli story. Its on too much, the drug story I am sorry is boring and terrible, Lucky and Lulu. And if the drug story is an example of one of his stories, I'll pass. I like Tracy is getting a story but I'd rather see it pulling her kids back to the canvas versus the predictable place its leading. robin and patrick, well there is likely no way to make them interesting, and I am not keep on seeing them already potentially pulling Lisa back on canvas to give them story and thats my spec. And I won't blame the HW for Scrubs or Jasam. I think both are Frons mandates and keeping couples tied limits growth and storyline for characters. Its exactly what was wrong with the super couples except today the writing is no where near as strong as it was then.

I think this show still needs some major character house cleaning. Sure they got rid of Jax and Nikolas, which I am fine with, more need to go. You can't keep brining on more people and not fire some folks I dont care whos friend someone is. And I think characters leaving canvas even for a while is a good idea. Liz is one I would have sent away for 6 months and brought back her character is just a mess. Nikolas was one that has needed a break since Emily died. Viewers might have been more accepting of his stories had they done this. JAx I don't mind going since its obvious they had no intention of moving him away from Carly elsewhere but I feel like his story is open ended. And don't get me started on Jason, SOnny, Carly. Sonny having a breakdown after Brenda and Leaving canvas for 3 months(give Mo a break) might have actually really loosened things up on the show and stories.

• Members

Exactly. If you were expecting a radically different GH from the moment "Garin Wolf" appeared under "Written By," then (with all due respect) I apologize for your disappointment. Will GW turn things around? Right now, that's tough to say (and to be honest - and again, with all due respect - I feel some of the criticisms lobbied here have more to do with post-ers' preferences for one character or another than with honest and objective assessments of the entire show). But if I had to give David Kreizman a fair shake at GUIDING LIGHT (or Megan McTavish at AMC, or Ron Carlivati at OLTL, or Hogan Sheffer at ATWT) then I have to be willing to do the same for GW at GH.

And why do I feel as if I've said this all before? R Sinclair, help me out, please?

Archived