GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Members

^^ Because some of us have been saying this throughout, and it often feels like the chatting equivalent of pounding a nail into the wall with your forehead.

I much prefer this slow change then the long discussed "Re-boot" that Days is going through. At least here we are gently being lead towards the future. Over there it's a whole sale turn in another direction. Who's to say which will ultimately be the better choice - but at least GH isn't giving me whip-lash.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. Quartermaines are dead. Cassidines are merely off the canvas. At any point we could have Nicholas back. Helena is theoretically around, and we have Alexis, Kristina, Sam and Molly. Then there are any number of Cassidines potentially living in GW's brain.

• Members

The Cassadines as a family unit have been dead for the better part of the last decade. The last big push was the Helena/Aidan DNA switch and that was just a hot mess which the show didnt even bother to follow through with. The family needs a strong patriarch and Stavros and Stefan are dead. They tried to make Nik as the lead but IMO, he sucked in the role and it didnt suit him. Alexis and her litter come across as fake Cassadines and their roots NEVER come into play with defining who these characters are. They are defined as Davis women, not Cassadines. The Cassadine vs Spencer feud is such an outdated premise and doesnt seem to work with the modern day GH mainly bc most of the major players are no longer around. None of the current Cassadines are shady except for Helena and what the hell is she fighting for? The motivation just isnt there and ends up coming across as a big waste with no direction. Heck I see more potential in reviving the Quartermaines (which has more dead members) than the Cassadines at this point. They just seem done

• Members

As long as there is a Sonny on this canvas, there will be the same three stories no matter what. The character's a dead end played by a one trick actor.

As for Carly, be fair... that bitch hasn't had a storyline of her own ever since she's morphed into this horse version. For years, it's always been shoehorning her into other people's stories. The custody story was almost about her... except that it was created to first serve Sonny and Brenda.

• Members

I've said all I've had to say on this particular matter, sweetie. So far, my personal predictions are holding up. GW's focusing on exploring character: Check. GW's attempting to have a story last longer than three - five episodes: Check. Everything else, I don't feel like arguing about because it seems like more of the same. If I sat through 9 1/2 years of Guza, I can sit through 6 months of Wolf before the cliched beating of the drums... which seems to happen around here by episode 3 of every new head writer on every show.

Archived