GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Members

A lot of people (those closest to) Jason had a lot of expectations for him because they knew his potential before he became a cold blooded killer. I found those dreams pathetic since Garin used those dreams to say the accident turned Jason into a hit man but Jason Quatermaine would would have been F'ed up regardless of who's dream it was and they used Monica to sell it. It was manipulation at it's finest. And of course Sam knows him best. She's his mob doll. Garin has no intentions of breaking up Jasam so that status quo remained.

Yeah, we get it Jason Morgan is the best Jason.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Basically. I'm really disappointed with how it turned out. It was GW's way of telling us hitman, post-car accident Jason (along with JaSam) is here to stay & there's no exploring any other boundaries with him. I liked the execution of it, but hate how he gave fans false hope like that. The promo for this is a joke now, I'm LOL just thinking about it. "Who will Jason be?"....uhh, yeah.

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I didn't get this from the dreams at all. I saw no manipulation, no one &quot;selling it&quot;, no one fantasy that said hitman Jason was the ultimate incarnation.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>What I did see was women with their woulda-coulda-shouldas laid out and exposed, wishing Jason could be their way and ultimately realizing those fantasies really weren't the real person. The only one that glorified &quot;hitman Jason&quot; was Carly, and he basically said why are you going down this road when you know it was never going to happen? Liz's was all about controlling who Jason could be - which was pretty much how Liason was towards the end anyway with Liz putting up restrictions and requirements that Jason couldn't and wouldn't meet.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Monica's was the most brilliant IMO because it was all about Monica's soul searching, and as a mother I could relate. We have these fantasies about how we expect our children's lives to be and most times that just never happens. I found it interesting that GW used Tracy - always the Greek Chorus at the Q's - as the voice of reason that Monica could hear. Ultimately Monica's fantasy was about forgiving herself and allowing Jason to be who he has become.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sam's fantasy was the turning point IMO, and showed how much Jason is not being drawn the way Guza always did. This is a man who knows his way around guns and protection, which is fine because he does, but ultimately his joy is in creating a family and living life. Now, will that family include Monica and Edward? I'm guessing yes, and Sam will help that happen. Will it include Carly and Liz? Not so much. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>It was also telling that in Monica's fantasy, she responded to Jason, who spoke kindly to her and called her Mom. In Liz and Carly's fantasy Jason at the end was rather kurt. But in Sam's fantasy, she is the one to ask him if HE wants this.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It will be interesting to see where GW takes this now that Jason and Monica are starting to build their relationship again. For me this marks a very pivotal moment in the lives of the Unholy Trinity. Jason is no longer the yes-man.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

I liked the Zacharra storyline how Johnny came on on the ledge and all that...and how AZ followed him in it was mysterious intriguing and also liked Trevor Lansing but by biotoxin he turned looney tunes I went huh? where did that come from I'm at the point now I don't care how they use the Qs if I can see Monica, Tracey, Alan, Edward I'll just take whatever I can get and be grateful.

• Members

I thought the dream episodes were actually ok. Its what GH does best special episodes. I liked Monica's dream best and it was the most

but part of this fell a tad flat. In some ways MOnica accepted Jason's choices. She forgave him after Alan died after Emily was killed and has not really judged him. I always felt it was alan who had the most difficult time accepting Jason for who he was. Alan's absense from the canvas really sort of limits what they could do with Jason now that a HW exists who might not totally despise what the Quartermaines represent in relation to Jason. Hard to tell.

I just wish this show had the guts to kill off someone really important like Jason. He even more than Sonny and Carly is such a stifling character to this show. I just imagine how freed up the canvas could be without him around. I can even tolerate Carly and Sonny over Jason. He in many ways reminds me McBain and Zach on AMC portrayed by an actor less talented than yes even Michael Easton.

I will never agree on Luke and Tracy or Tracy "having her own family". Where? If Laura were to roll back into town tomorrow, Tracy would be an afterthought to Lucky, Lulu and possibly even Ethan. Luke hasn't grown as a character post Laura not that LL should be a couple forever but married to Tracy or not he's been on the same downward spiral he's been on for years since Laura went nuts back in 2002 and what the show tries to convey about Luke today is very inconsistant with his history. I know people will say he was shady and worked for the mob and grew up with an abusiive father yada yada but since then the character changed and evolved. Luke was a good father to Lucky, loved Laura never showed signs of hating his life with her yet in some sense we are to believe him being a good father and husband was Laura stifling him versus him evolving and growing? But the worst part is while being pared with Luke has likely saved JE from being fired or Tracy killed off or something like that, I don't see how it's been of benefit to her character. AS for her having family over MOnica now, where? Dillon, Ned are off screen, Brooklyn her granddaughter was an after thought on this show. And Dillon is a character who still has a ton of story potential and unresolved conflict with his mother.

• Members

LOL, LnL hardliners have been pulling that line for years but every time Laura has been around, Luke has chosen Tracy. The Spencers fell apart years ago, but Tracy has put that family back together without any assumptions of her place. And because she hasn't assumed anything, they have given her their love and acceptance which is why Lulu goes to Mama Tracy, and the boys talk about how good LuNacy is together.

Behind the scenes though, I think you're right. TG has been the force to save JE, but in all honesty I think JE has been the one to keep TG, so it's win-win.

It would be nice to see Tracy's part of the Spencermaine family though. I liked how close BL and Tracy were getting before Brook left, and it's long past time Dillon returned. Who knows, perhaps with this focus on Tracy we'll all get lucky.

• Members

I am not an LnL hardliner and I am not talking about Luke I am talking about this family you claim Tracy has. Lucky and Tracy have no relationship, never have, Lulu IA does, and she sort of does with Ethan but that comes and goes. My point was not in relation to Luke it was in relation to Laura's kids who is who I assume you refer to when you mention Tracy's family.

As for focus on Tracy, I don't know how long that "focus" will last once this new mob family rolls into town. I suppose its more interesting than having them come into town as aother Sonny enemy and maybe this will be what ends up pulling Jason and Michael back into the Quartermaine fold is because there is a mob threat to ELQ. Ive accepted this is a mob centric show with the hospital as more or less a backdrop now.

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>Well, there's a lot more to it than that. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Luke has been allowed to move on, which unfortunately Lucky hasn't been. It was rather sad today to hear him tell Aiden he was hoping to give him a sense of family with Siobhan but now she was gone. A total waste of EC and now Lucky is stuck again.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As for Luke, it will be interesting to see who and what he is like upon his return. Like all stories, Guza started strong with Luke in the spring and it quickly devolved from there, bringing the worst characteristics of the man to life - which were only salvaged because TG is so damn good at what he does. With Tracy in trouble, Lucky is even more trouble, Lulu struggling for her place in all of it and who knows what for the Spencers/Spencermaines/Quartermaines on the horizon, I don't think we will see the self-involved debauchery we had when he left.</p>

• Members

I don't think TG's "talent" saved anything. I realize thats a matter of opinion. i have come to resent TG as much as I did Guza. I could really care less about Luke and Laura at this point. I don't like the emmy baiting and today was just another example of how TG and JJ are used so obviously for this. When I can watch an episode stand out isolated and have someone indirectly say "Watch me I am a great actor" thats not great acting That in essence is what TG has turned into and now JJ the same thing. tell a story and showcase a performance within it(like Debbi Morgan was today) don't showcase a performance and try to build something around it. Thats not good story thats showboating. PArt of that was Guza but I don't see how its changed with JJ. Crying and weepy monologues.

As for Lukes moving on how? All I have seen is the same Luke since 2002, the man who lost himself when Laura went catatonic and nothing has changed. As for choosing Tracy, in 2006 LAura went back into her deep catatonic state, in 2008 it was Laura who I believe walked away from Luke when he offered to goto France with her. For all GF's crying about being a victim, that was the best writing they gave her Laura in years. I am not making this a contest. I like Tracy I just don't like her with Luke. She becomes like every other woman on this show a pathetic needy victim. Hopefully that's changing.

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>You're right, it is a matter of opinion. But watching Luke in those scenes in June were far different from hearing about them online. He still has power in his performance and authenticity in his portrayal. He was truly a man who had lost himself. The problem was never TG's acting and sinking his teeth into the material he was given, the problem was the material had no exit strategy and a soap character/hero/anachronism (whatever you choose) has to have a way out once they through themselves into the pit.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Towards the end Guza didn't do anyone any favours. None of the characters were as fully realized as they could be, and all had one or two characteristics - which arguably were true to the character but not the WHOLE character - that Guza kept playing. Tracy is as loyal as the day is long, and that was what they played with for her for far too long. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I was actually in fan heaven today that Lulu went to see Tracy, at work, and they had their typical mother/daughter interaction, and that Tracy talked about Lucky and Siobhan. While dysfunctional in their own way, the Spencermaines are one of the healthier families on the canvas when Tracy is in the middle.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The Lucky thing is a whole other conversation. I think those of us who miss Greg Vaughn are growing in number by the second. My daughter was watching with me today and she hasn't seen the show in some time. One look at Lucky and she said &quot;OMG, what did he do to his hair? I don't know why they keep this guy, I wish they had the cute one back.&quot; She's 13.</p>

Archived