AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:blush: Maybe it's the vodka talking but I couldn't help but being a little touched by the gesture. It was from the heart and got the point across without sounding too clinical or polished and not at all cuckoo bananas. I wouldn't have felt bad about sending a love offering for that ad. Not a :rolleyes: but a "Well bless your heart..."

• Members

I don't think it's that bad either. Naive, perhaps, but it's a heartfelt gesture that thanks those who made soaps as well as tries to point out the appeal soaps can have. I'm glad they did the ad, as it might at least give them some closure. If that means they're labeled as crazy fans, so be it.

• Members

I think that ad is a sweet.

It's smart and to the point.

Anybody remember that ad (tribute) that ran a couple years ago when Days' Marlena and John were fired?

Now that one was a stupid piece of [!@#$%^&*] made by crazy fans.

This seems like there was at least some brain activity going on somewhere.

Even if it is pointless.

• Members

I find it very telling that this writer had to name a reality TV creation who has exhausted all avenues and is now ignored by most people (Spencer). It reminds me that, if anything, reality shows are not as popular as they were. MTV's most popular shows now involve idiots punching each other in the face or getting arrested or getting drunk - I'm sure if Frons could he'd try that for a reality show.

I love how this all implies that Franco's appearances on GH were a success. No mention of the ratings staying the same or actually falling. No mention of the show being laughed at by the national press, which also coincided with a ratings drop. Instead, they bring up stunts that happened on AMC and OLTL before Franco. Did AMC and OLTL "aspire" to Franco by going back in time?

Greenlee, the "favorite" was gone for LESS THAN A YEAR. And she has always been a nasty, vile, selfish b!tch, from the very first day.

• Members

The hooker was going to ABC in the first place

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/04/katie-couric-cbs-negotiation-dead-60-minutes-cbs-evening-news-anchor-abc-tv-network/

Katie Couric's negotiations with CBS to stay at the network to do a syndicated talk show are officially dead -- not gonna happen ... this according to plugged-in sources at CBS.

Our sources say the breakdown occurred because CBS was unwilling to give Katie substantial involvement in the network's news operation. We're told CBS honchos were willing to give Katie pieces for "60 Minutes," but nothing more -- and Katie wasn't having it.

As a result, Katie will make a clean break from CBS and will not be doing a syndicated show for the network.

We're told ABC is now the likely future home for K.C.

Archived