AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/05/couric-talk-show-bump-general-hospital/

Interesting part of article:

There are ways to move things around to keep General Hospital, but insiders caution there’s no deal yet for Couric since CBS still has several weeks to match the offer. “Everybody still believes that ABC is the real underdog in any negotiation,” says an ABC insider.

• Members

Seriously, who would say no? I think though that she has to look at ABC's track record in syndication and CBS Television Distribution's - because if she does that there is absolutely no way she can choose ABC over CBS. It would make absolutely no sense.

I still think Katie Couric could be successful with a daytime talk show in syndication (on the right network) and cater to a younger crowd too. She's already seen as the "cool" journalist because of those interviews she did with Lil Wayne and Drake.

• Members

Say Katie does sign a deal with ABC, that doesn't mean she has to *necessarily* take GH's slot... at least not right away, right? Could she be under ABC's banner a la Regis and Kelly and still be syndicated on ABC stations across the country, like, at Oprah's old slot of 4pm Eastern in several markets?

• Members

Poor Frankie. He never would have had to owe Ricky that "thou" for the wedding if he hadn't have lost his job with the ad agency. :-(

Say, remember when Randi's mother would beat the hell out of her w/ a hot iron, and Angie demanded that David "Do somethin', Negro!"? Now that was some AMGT!

(Seriously, it's scary how many AMC/GT connections we're making all of a sudden.)

• Members

La Lucci is on Entertainment Tonight. It sounds like it's going to be a long sitdown interview. It airs in two parts.

Susan_Lucci Susan Lucci

Watch my interview with Nancy O'Dell on Entertainment Tonight! Part I airs Fri May 6th and Part II airs Mon,May 9th on CBS @ 7:30 pm EST!

Archived