AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I would prefer a Knots Landing-style ending to a Good Times-style ending. Don't put too tight a bow on it.

So Agnes is really fighting to keep AMC going? I'm genuinely surprised. I thought she'd just call it a day, especially at her age. That woman is made of steel. I hope she can do it. Not because I want to keep AMC going, although I would like that, but just because it would be so seriously badass if she could pull it off. How cool would it be if this elderly woman was able to resurrect a show that was killed because of mismanagement by misogynistic, ageist bigots?

Knowing that she's fighting for these shows hits me square in my "We saved Friday Night Lights!/Let's make a Firefly movie!" fangurl soul. I'd even go to a protest if Agnes asked. :lol:

• Members

None taken, she flopped at CBS...but then, she was with Dan Rather and was doomed to fail because he hated her so much. Just like Barbara Walters/Harry Reasoner in the 70s.

She was much better suited to ABC News, just as Katie Couric would be. The problem is, like Connie Chung, she'd be the third heavy hitting woman there (Barbara and Diane being the others) and also like Connie Chung, she'd soon realise that at ABC News, three is a crowd.

Katie Couric really should take the syndicated deal, if it flops she's still a very rich woman and can fade into shiny Manhattan obscurity. Really, she should just quit the business period. Her time has come and gone and she doesn't have the guts of Diane or Barbara to last.

• Members

If she continues to be in demand and she loves the work, why should she quit? Not getting the Katie hate. IMO she's somewhat of a lightweight but good for her for taking advantage of the opportunties presented to her. What woman in her position wouldn't do the same?

• Members

Wanted to post these two videos i just saw ;-).

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yxJHHOQXizE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g9shFhpYvkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Can I just say I love their custom theme song that plays at the end...lol

• Members

No, wait. I'll take a "Good Times"-style ending, provided that AMC ends exactly like "Good Times" did, right down to Jesse and Tad running into each other's arms b/c they've just learned they're moving into the same apartment building.

• Members

:lol:

Kendall finds out she is pregnant.

Erica says oh my baby is having a baby.

Opal is the new head buyer at the boutique and tells Erica.

Bianca tells Erica she is moving out and living with her lesbian lover and going back to college.

Jesse becomes a famous cartoon artist painter and sells his first paiting for millions called DinoAngie!!

Ryan is contacted by the Chicago Bears to be their star running back.

Erica and Opal scream for joy when they find out they will be next door neighbors.

Archived