AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

And, the shows are still cancelled and that's the way it's going to be. I have accepted they are going to be gone.

It's the nature of the business, shows get cancelled. And, there is nothing we an do about it, even these campaigns

are not going to work. Sad, but true!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just bought the most adorable sandles from there. I guess I didn't realize that buying shoes there is going to keep AMC canccelled. My bad. Do you think that's a good enough reason for me to return them? "You canceled my show. Take my shoes back, ho."

• Members

I don't see how the protesters expect them to work. One of the reasons why the shows are being canceled is because it's hard to find advertisers who want to spend money just to promote their products to 2.5 million people, and the advertisers who are interested, aren't paying a lot of money for this airtime, because of the age and size of the audience. So, why target these companies? Wouldn't it make more sense to try and start a campaign to convince other companies to buy ad time during soaps. That campaign probably wouldn't work either, but it would make a lot more sense, and it would show companies that soap fans are loyal. People could even try to get companies to see that it's worth it to try and advertise to people who are over the age of 50.

• Members

Now WCBS-FM (101.1) is reporting on the rumors that Sony is interested in acquiring AMC & OLTL. You've got to be more careful about spreading malicious gossip on the Internet, peeps. You know how gullible the radio and TV networks are! ;-)

Archived