AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would probably agree about that dress if it was anyone else, but Susan looked great. Regardless of her age, she has the body and attitude to pull that dress off so I have no problem with her ignoring societal conventions about how a woman her age should dress.

• Members

You know, on the one hand, I can understand the antipathy (for lack of a better word) on the part of some (okay, many) toward Susan Lucci. How long can one actress play variations on the same character who refuses to acknowledge the passage of time in every possible way? However, there has to be something about the girl (that has little-to-nothing to do w/ the string of Emmy losses) to have made an impression on not just AMC fans but all soap fans and the mainstream media, too. Otherwise, America would have tired of the whole routine long before now.

I mean, even ATWT's Eileen Fulton (Lisa), who was, for all intents and purposes, her predecessor didn't leave as lasting of an impression on the public as SL and Erica have - and Fulton was arguably responsible for keeping ATWT at the top of the ratings for 20 years!

• Members

She hasn't just refused to acknowledge it though. She has actively fought it. She has worked for that body and not just with the surgery. Think of all the exercise, self denial and pain it must take to look like that at her age. As far as I'm concerned, she's earned the right to wear whatever dress she wants to. Hater be damned :lol:

• Members

Beautifully put. Susan has je ne sais quoi. C'est un grand mystère! It could be her look, glamor and sexuality. Somehow in interviews, she manages to walk the fine line between being fake and genuine. You would think that the mainstream media and public would have rolled their eyes and turned away, especially after the drought ended and she won the Emmy. Yet Susan has managed keep her fame going while raking in the bucks. Good for her.

• Members

This. It would be different if she was sloppy looking. She's very astute when it comes to her looks from her judicious plastic surgery to her hair color so I have no doubt that she'll begin to cover up when she knows she can no longer pull it. I would however recommend some step-up squats because she has no butt. A "tush" in her bikini but Noassatol overdose in clothes.

• Members

Are you vucking serious? Even if that was in jest (and we know it really wasn't), I just cannot believe that dude. When you ponder why the soap industry is seen as such a joke look no further than some of its most prominent "journalists".

Archived