AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That just tells you what horrible couples the show has at the moment, in terms of couples who aren't together. I'm sure Bo and Nora would have been on there if they hadn't reunited a few years ago.

I don't care about seeing any of those together. James/Starr and Jolie are awful, and Clint and Viki are not the same without Clint Ritchie.

• Members

Right now Sony could major heroes if they decide to pickup AMC or OLTL. I've always felt like Sony does a great job budgeting their soaps Y&R and DAYS. Sony has done a great job avoiding the axe from NBC. Sony has some power in the television game to find a deal to get one of the two soaps back on the air in some capacity. NBC needs some good reputation with Comcast in there so that would be a great move to have OLTL be the companion soap to DAYS. DAYS is struggling right now in the ratings and they could use a companion soap to help it out.

I think the likely thing that will happen is that the stars of AMC and OLTL will just migrate over to Y&R or DAYS instead of the shows finding a deal on a new network. We can only hope though.

• Members

I just read her column and, even with your advance warning, I was taken aback about how blunt she was in it. OLTL is "creatively excellent", the only thing remotely wrong with it is the Ford's, and AMC sucked it down the drain.

• Members

Imo all my children is deader then a doornail. Oltl imo is not and deserves a new home. Oltl and days would be a great combo. Plus oltl is already under budget as is with frank and ron. Imo gl didn't deserve a second chance, atwt was not going to get it but oltl right now is hot and on fire. Roger howarths big return is what we have all been waiting for and imo he would bring huge ratings to the show. May sweeps should rock and I hope oltl is picked up. Its too hot imo to let go. Frons made the dumbest error by cancelling it.

• Members

It sounds like I can spare myself the experience of reading that drivel. The red-headed stepchild inferiority complex is so tedious. I almost feel sorry for GH because after AMC is off the air all of these people will turn their victimhood on GH. "Why should you be allowed to live when OLTL was assassinated?!! It's all your fault!" Then when GH is gone they'll go after DAYS. Anything to avoid the simple truth that Disney wanted out of the soap business. That's too simple and doesn't fit the narrative in the Llanview echo chamber.

• Members

Unbelievable. The OLTL vs. AMC war really is neverending. All this talk about AMC taking down OLTL is ridiculous When AMC was moved to LA, many of the people here pointed out that it was obvious that OLTL was doomed. ABC was trying to save AMC by attempting to cut production costs, but willing to abandon OLTL leaving it in NY, immediately dropping any plans to make the show HD. Yet instead of facing this reality there was denial from the OLTL fans here. BTW, OLTL isn't creatively anything. The show is full of bad actors and has horrific writing.

Also, it doesn't matter that OLTL was under budget and AMC was over budget because it is clear that the ad revenue (the always ignored 18 to 49 women demo) was no longer making ABC profit because the shows cost too much to make.

• Members

I do think it's sad that FV bent himself and his cast and crew over backwards to keep the show under budget and ahead of schedule when it all amounted to a hill of beans (save for personal accomplishment). He was trying to impress the unimpressible by saving them money and proving OLTL's viability when their fate had most likely already been sealed. He should have burned that money on more white towels while he had the chance.

• Members

LOL! So freaking true.

I ducked into the thread to read the latest, only discover both groups are still arguing over these dead horses. Ridiculous.

And have OLTL canceled years ago? Staying under budget probably saved OLTL from being cancelled when AMC was sent to LA. I'm pretty confident that FV liked having a job over being on the unemployment line. Ask Chris Goutman, etc.

• Members

Honestly, on the budget issue I'm so over hearing about how Valentini is a budgetary god while Carruthers is a budgetary demon. I have no doubt that OLTL is in decent financial shape given the fact that it is filled with ATWT rejects, cheap teens, and babies. I can also see that AMC would be more expensive given the park shoots, a cast filled with actual adults and some new sets. I'm at the point where I don't think either of them is as good or bad as reputed.

Get me a balance sheet. Show me a budget. I want to see numbers because the same people saying that AMC is the reason OLTL got canceled are the same people who push the narrative that every episode of OLTL is paid for with baby tears and the gold shavings of unicorn hooves while AMC sends it's whole cast out to dig up ancient Navajo burial grounds so that Susan Lucci can use their bones as an eyelash curler.

There's got to be somebody in accounting, legal or business affairs pissed off enough to leak some info. They just need to know how to do it in a way they won't get caught.

Archived