AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

Gray Bunny I agree with pretty much everything you said. Wow!

I do not blame AMC for the cancellation of OLTL. I blame TIIC. There are AMC fans who are incredibly angry and hating on Oprah too, it isn't just the OLTL viewers. I wasn't at all upset over who Oprah put on her show about soap operas. This wasn't Oprah highlights the Daytime Emmys (like Phil Donahue used to do with the nominees the week of the broadcast) and they didn't include or mention Erika Slezak who has the most Daytime Emmys of any female actress or didn't include Justin Deas (who has the same number--6). That would have been annoying.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So now there are rumors of AMC and OLTL being bought by Sony for $200 million and being sent to NBC. They were saying both shows are still profitable and Sony is going to actively syndicate them internationally and the costs could be recouped in two years.

*Sigh* It is too good to be true, not even going to get my hopes up. :(

• Members

Going back to this from Soaptown

I really don't get WTF people want Lucci (or any of these actors) to do, cry on camera? Have a nervous breakdown on Oprah? Yeah it sucks that they were canceled and people are losing jobs, but the life of an actor doesn't guarantee job security anyway. Every single person who goes into acting knows this and for some of them to have careers as long as they have had makes them extremely lucky and one of few.

I'm so tired of the this dumbass idea that if everyone isn't ranting or raving incessantly like Strasser and Hickland, they don't care or they wanted the shows to be canceled.

• Members

I think SL has more class in her little finger than Robin Strasser, at least when it's come to this. RS is burning bridges left and right. Susan knows what her future is and that she can make it or break it. I'll be watching her next venture, don't know that I believe RS will have one.

• Members

Word it is to good to be true but I guess we shall see how it all plays out.

Remember though NBC seriously as a network, a show can have BAD ratings and still get renewed. Just look at their prime time lineup. Weak ratings but they still get renewed.

• Members

Yeah. Apparently this whole thing about them recruiting actors is to get the most popular/fan faves contracted with Sony before they move ahead with the deal. I am really hoping this happens, it sounds believable but there are plenty of people with no lives who love to stir [!@#$%^&*] up for no reason.

• Members

None of this is coming from any reliable site, however. The only reliable site that reported anything about this was Deadline saying that there were some rumblings that NBC was interested in OLTL as a companion for DAYS, but that financially, it was unlikely.

Nothing was mentioned about AMC.

• Members

RS didn't say anything about Susan, but that article sure seemed to be painting RS is a good light and SL in a bad light.

I was almost burnt at the cyber stake for saying this at another site, but what the hell: I don't like the idea of AMC on NBC and don't know that it's something I can honestly say I want. As for OLTL, it and Days are becoming two pees in a pod (that's not a knock on Days, it's just not my cup of tea anymore). They can haz each other.

Archived