GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

Read SOD's best and worst. GH was named Best Show of 2010. Who agrees? Also the Robin/Patrick/Lisa story was voted best storyline. I would've agreed with that if it had ended the day Lisa was carted off to Shady Brooke! That said I do kind of like where things are going now with Johnny Skidmarks being involved. But Robin continues to just be unbearable throughout all of this to me!

Now that Kristina has moved on from what Kiefer did to her & is dating and going to school, etc, I am liking her a lot more. I really enjoyed her & Michael yesterday. I like Teen/High School story lines on soaps to, I know most people hate them but I think they are great when not to forced. I want to see GH go a little more into Kristina as well as Michael's life and tell more stories about them that aren't to heavy.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael and Kristina are such confused characters it's difficult for me to care about them. I know a lot of people care about Kristina because of Ethan, but considering most of the couples are so poorly written, I doubt they would be any different.

What were their reasons for giving Best Show? Considering how poor most of the soaps were this year, I can understand what they mean, but most of GH I just see as endless lost potential, and repeatedly bringing up stories they were too scared to follow through.

• Members

I actually didn't get the magazine, I just read on another board that GH got best show. Maybe someone else got it and can explain? Other nods GH got was best location shoot (Franco art show), worst new character (Claire), Biggest waste of talent female (Nancy Lee Grahn), Worst Villain (the Balkin), worst secret (What happened to Michael in prison?), and Most entertaining couple (Luke & Tracy).

I don't like Kristina/Ethan and I really hope GH doesn't do anything with them but I have a feeling they will and I hate it. Would really rather see Kristina continue to date Taylor, and Ethan with Maya! And Michael has been great with CandAbby!

• Members

That covers most of the year doesn't it? I can't remember what happened earlier in the year. I remember being confused and kind of surprised at how bizarrely they mangled Kristina's beating story. I wonder if SOD mentioned that.

Sonny shooting Dante was a good episode (too bad it didn't take...).

• Members

I think GH was pretty ok from Jan-June. Franco came back in July and that's when things started getting bad for me (though I loved the episode with his art show). Then August..

lol....knew you would be mad. I agree she became bad after she hooked up with Sonny. I loved her before though....it was great while it lasted. I like how she started out, & then how they slowly started revealing more about her with the baby stuff. Can't get over how great her and Lucky could have been.

• Members

I wonder if they have an allotment => X-number of entries from the highest profile shows. Goodness knows Claire hasn't been given the best stuff since the Sonny garbage and Brenda's return, but prior to that she rocked.

As for GH getting best show, even back in June around Emmy time there was talk that whomever walked away with the statue, it was GH's to loose. This might be some small compensation for that loss. We also have to remember these decisions were made probably 2 months ago in order to meet printing deadlines, and most of the soap press this year has comments on great improvements in GH over the past couple of years.

• Members

But isn't Claire the worst new character? She's nauseating the way she came on as this tough attorney and then because of some bullshit dimples all she lives for now is for Sonny to love her and give her a baby. I don't see what the agenda is, the character is revolting and sometimes insulting to listen to. The only one on GH that rivals her is Olivia, who was willing to let the guy that shot her son get away scot-free because she liked him.

I don't see any of the Fords, even the smarmy one, being anywhere near as pathetic as Claire.

Archived