GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remos: I think you are completely correct. Guza knows what the show should be about. He knows what the fans want. I'm sure he knows that Tracy should be ripping into people all the time. I'm sure he knows that Bobbie should be a part of Carly's life, especially after everything that happened to her in the past few years. I'm sure he knows Sonny is a played out, no good character that should have been written out years ago.

He KNOWS those things, but he doesn't like them. So he chooses to go with the polar opposite just as a giant F*CK YOU to the audience, to show us that he can.

• Members

I don't know if it's a big f*ck you or if he's being pressured to write the way he does. He doesn't have complete creative freedom either - who knows what he's being told has to happen. I just know the guy is capable of some really great stuff, and then he chokes and falls back onto his CarSaSon obsession. And I'm not even convinced he likes Jason or Sonny that much - Jason hasn't had a story in years and Sonny has the same story over and over. It's almost like Guza is being forced to keep them as lead without anything else to support them except sacrificing other characters to the endless hunger of the SaSon Machine.

• Members

You could be very right. And it is sad, because he has written some good stuff. Good stuff even for vets like Monica, Bobbie, etc. So maybe you're right.

But either way, whoever has this ridiculous sonny-jason-carly fetish needs to go. They could all, maybe, at some point be relevant characters again at some point. But they need to be backburned for a minimun of 2-3 years.

• Members

I agree. And the fact that their appearances in any of the holiday or special emotional episodes is minimum-to-nil, tells me someone at the switch is very aware of who drives this show and who tanks it. Unfortunately that person doesn't get majority sway.

Given that even the dominance of the Brenda/SaSon story isn't preventing some really good things happening for the Scorpio/Jones/Drake and Spencermaine families, and that even the CassaDavises have something going for them, I think someone behind the scenes is prepping for the days CarSaSon doesn't hog the show.

• Members

Loved the Kristina/Michael scenes!! Man Kristina just pops up out of nowhere these days now. Wish the show could feature her more steadily. I'm glad to hear her and Taylor are dating now but damn, I want to see them together to!!...I liked Michael & Kristina's conversation about school & Michael's love life. I think these two are refreshing to watch and I want to see more of them.

Omg didn't Sonny & Brenda have dinner like an hour ago? WTH now they're eating again at the Borg's house & Spinelli, dumb, & dumber are their cooks and maids. I just think it's all so freaking stupid.

Loving Carly's attitude lately, I have not been finding her annoying at all.

So great that Tracy asked Lulu to be her maid of honor!

• Members

I'd like to see more Krissy too, but LA was ill for over a month and they are just now starting to air her scenes since her return. As for Taylor, the guy is such a stand-in before the real story with Ethan begins, which is probably why we will rarely see him.

The Sonny/Brenda stuff is stupid, which is convincing me more and more that someone at the top really isn't invested in them but is just going through the motions. How many ways can we have them interact so it appears they are getting back together to keep X satisfied?

I think the reason Carly seems less annoying is that her target is Brenda - who is more annoying than Carly. tongue.gif

Biology, schmiology… Lulu is Tracy's daughter in almost every way, and I love how it wasn't a question for either of them to ponder. It just was the most simple thing in the world. I had to laugh at spoilers who called that 'Emotional, well as emotional as Tracy gets". Obviously they don't watch Tracy 'cause JE can rip your heart out if she wants to (remember "I want my Mommy!"). I just think it's fabulous that Luke's kids are so open to Tracy that they will stand with them at their wedding. Combining the Spencer and Quartermaine families through LuNacy was brilliant, IMO.

• Members

This is the same thing he did with Jason and Liz. He saw them together and announced to the entire hospital that Liz was sleeping with him, which was not true. Not shock he would tell the hospital that Lisa is dating Ethan, which also isnt true

Today is boring, but then again every episode these days seems to be

• Members

Is it ever going to come out that Lisa killed that nurse, Lana?

I mean technically we didn't see her do it, but I mean it would have to be a pretty big coincidence. She was the ONLY nurse who knew Lisa ordered the tranquilizers, which she later used on Robin.

They'll probably just drop it. But, I hope it come out.

Archived